ILoveGourmetCrochetPatterns CAL!

HappyBunny

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Okay, I was soooooooooooooooo excited about this pattern, BUT now that I been working on it, it doesn't look right at ALL, I got the first part done and am on the secpnd part where it say to increase four times each round, okay I did that, and tried it on and it is VERY WONKY.......poooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh.............so I think I am going to frog it.........and try something else with the yarn, I HATE to be a quiter but if I dont se myself in it, what is the sence??? Its just all bunchy at the bottom of the back, and I dont like the neck part when I "tried it in" .........k, so I am discouraged with it....

Here is what I did for the increase rounds Jo..and you really can tell what it's going to look like until you get farther on. When I tried it on in the beginning it looked wonky too. Here is what I posted when I got to the increase:

I'm about halfway through step 2. It seems to be right. I can now see how this will fold back to make the collar when we add the ruffle! The increasing here had me a bit stumped but i marked the increases with stitch markers and then just increaed in between them on the next round. I think it worked . WOOOHOOO! :woo

I got my Siobhanna sweater pattern in the mail today and it really looks very easy to do! I already have some Bernat Satin (similar to Caron SS) that will work perfectly!

Does anyone else have this pattern?

I got my Siobhanna sweater pattern in the mail today and it really looks very easy to do! I already have some Bernat Satin (similar to Caron SS) that will work perfectly!

Does anyone else have this pattern?

Don't have that one yet. Now stop making me want things! ....lol :P:P

Okay Cindy, I MAY try to finish it, I am using Vanna's choice yarn in pink, not too hard to frog if needed....

I will run with it then.....I will keep ya posted

Okay Cindy, I MAY try to finish it, I am using Vanna's choice yarn in pink, not too hard to frog if needed....

I will run with it then.....I will keep ya posted

If I can find the picture I'll post it of how wonky mine looked in the beginning.

Desiree, that is the part of the pattern where I had to frog 1 row and then I made myself a little chart with 8,9, 10, 11, at the top and the row numbers along the other side and with each row I had to very carefully read and follow, and I came out okay eventually. Glad it seems to be working out for you now.

Yeah, that and turn the tv off!! LOL

UPDATE on my Boboletta: I only have to do the sleeves now, BUT I tried it on for the umpteenth time and it's definitely TOO big (width wise) and I made the smallest size, which is the same size I did the first one in, only I used a lighter weight yarn this time.

I promise to try and post pictures TONIGHT of both so you can see what I mean. I'll either have to FROG it or finish it and give it to someone.

Hi Kim, I am currently working on the Siobhanna Sweater, so far so good. I also have the pattern for the Boboletta Cocoon Sweater but I haven't started it yet. What yarn did you use for yours and were you pleased with the results.

Hi Kim, I am currently working on the Siobhanna Sweater, so far so good. I also have the pattern for the Boboletta Cocoon Sweater but I haven't started it yet. What yarn did you use for yours and were you pleased with the results.

I used Moda Dea Dream for the Boboletta and it turned out gorgeous but the yarn is very stretchy and fluffy. I'm still looking for someone to give it too because I don't do fluffy...LOL

I'm so glad to hear from someone who is making the Siobhanna. What yarn are you using? I just finished the Pamelyn and I'm going to start the Siobhanna this week!

I'm using the Red Heart Soft that was used in the pattern. I'm doing it in a pretty summer feeling red, I like red with jeans. I am doing the size small which I usually do for all my patterns but it sure does look mighty little. Ha. With this being my first Gourmet Crochet pattern it takes a little getting use to the process of the construction. I hope I am doing everything right. I am working the fullness rows that go to row 51 and I am curious to start putting shape to it to find out if it is really going to fit me or not. (Please let it fit!) I'll let you know how I progress.

I'm using the Red Heart Soft that was used in the pattern. I'm doing it in a pretty summer feeling red, I like red with jeans. I am doing the size small which I usually do for all my patterns but it sure does look mighty little. Ha. With this being my first Gourmet Crochet pattern it takes a little getting use to the process of the construction. I hope I am doing everything right. I am working the fullness rows that go to row 51 and I am curious to start putting shape to it to find out if it is really going to fit me or not. (Please let it fit!) I'll let you know how I progress.

I hope it's the right size! Her patterns really do use a different way of making a wearable. I think I'm going to make mine in Caron SS...I'm pretty sure I have enough to start!

Here's the finished pic of my Pamelyn Shrug. I thought the S/M would be to small so I made the L/XL and it's too big...So I'll have to find someone to give this to along with the Boboletta. But it was fun to make anyway.:yes

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc153/happybunnycrochets/Pamelynshrug002-1.jpg[/img]"]Pamelynshrug002-1.jpg

Here's the finished pic of my Pamelyn Shrug. I thought the S/M would be to small so I made the L/XL and it's too big...So I'll have to find someone to give this to along with the Boboletta. But it was fun to make anyway.:yes

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc153/happybunnycrochets/Pamelynshrug002-1.jpg[/img]"]Pamelynshrug002-1.jpg

Nice job! Whoever gets it will certainly enjoy. I love the SPLASH of red against the black.

Here are photo's (clickable for larger image) of my first Boboletta (Burgundy) made about a year ago and the one (blue) I'm currently working on that is too big. In the last picture you can see how its hanging way off my arm on the left side. A lady at my job has already suggested it might fit her so I plan to finish it and give it away.

Boboletta_01-th.jpg

Boboletta_02343-th.jpg

Boboletta_03-th.jpg

Boboletta_04-th.jpg

I love that burgundy color. I made this one for my mother longer beacuse I knew at 79 years old she wouldn't wear the shorter version. Now I'm going to have to make a burgundy one someday. :eek

th_BobolettaCocoon-1.jpg

I love that burgundy color. I made this one for my mother longer beacuse I knew at 79 years old she wouldn't wear the shorter version. Now I'm going to have to make a burgundy one someday. :eek

th_BobolettaCocoon-1.jpg

Cindy, It's beautiful in the white! I bet your mom gets alot of compliments when she wears it.

Archived