ILoveGourmetCrochetPatterns CAL!

HappyBunny

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
THe upper right hand side of my Vivienne is starting to look like it has a sleeve....lol :cheer:cheer:cheer

:clap:clap:clap

Is the pattern easy to follow or is it more like the Boboletta and sometimes a little confusing?

I'll be finishing the Pamelyn today!

I'm stuck on my pattern. It seems so easy, yet it doesn't look right. I have no clue what I'm doing wrong.

I haven't done that pattern yet but I'm sure someone who has can help!

I'm stuck on my pattern. It seems so easy, yet it doesn't look right. I have no clue what I'm doing wrong.

I don't have this pattern either, but can you post the portion of instruction that you are having difficulty with and maybe someone can help you.

That's the thing. the pattern seems to be as plain as day. I have to repeat 4 rows 4 times. at the end of it all I should have 9 shells and I only have 5. I'm losing 1 shell every other row.

It's right in that section where I'm messing up. At the beginning of it I have the proper amount of shells.

That's the thing. the pattern seems to be as plain as day. I have to repeat 4 rows 4 times. at the end of it all I should have 9 shells and I only have 5. I'm losing 1 shell every other row.

It's right in that section where I'm messing up. At the beginning of it I have the proper amount of shells.

Desiree, I have the pattern but haven't done it....what section and row are you doing? I'll read that section and see if I can help? Sometimes another set of eyes is all it needs....

The Vivienne is very easy to follow. It's a little tricky at the decrease portion of the of the top roght side was a little confusing at first.:think

Just read it 3 times and it makes complete sense...lol

The Vivienne is very easy to follow. It's a little tricky at the decrease portion of the of the top roght side was a little confusing at first.:think

Just read it 3 times and it makes complete sense...lol

Too funny....:lol

I'm thinking if it took you 3 times, it will take me at least 5-6 to get it right! :yes

The Uptown Downtown Shrug in size xl - 2x.

It's rows 14-29, it says to repeat rows 8-11. I start with 8 shells (that's right) After every 2 rows I lose a shell ending with 4. after row 31 I should have 9 shells and I have 5. I don't know where I'm messing up.

TIA

It's rows 14-29, it says to repeat rows 8-11. I start with 8 shells (that's right) After every 2 rows I lose a shell ending with 4. after row 31 I should have 9 shells and I have 5. I don't know where I'm messing up.

TIA

Ok, I'll read it over and see if I can help....

Hey, I frogged my work this morning and it looks like it's working out alright now. I'm not quite to where I was before , but getting there. I will keep you guys updated.

I'm so glad you figured it out! I read the pattern but all I could figure was that you had made a mistake in an earlier row or you weren't completing the rows you were working on. Sorry I wasn't more help!

Glad to hear it's working out now. I'm still on sleeve #1. I thought I had short arms but not long enough yet. I did stop to make a square for a comfortghan but I'm back at it now. :hook:hook

Glad to hear it's working out now. I'm still on sleeve #1. I thought I had short arms but not long enough yet. I did stop to make a square for a comfortghan but I'm back at it now. :hook:hook

Is the pattern harder to figure out than the Boboletta?

I ran out of yarn for the Pamelyn and had to get more yesterday. I'm on the border. It's turning out really nice!

I used Red Heart SS in soft white. I think I would use something softer next time like Caron Simply Soft. I gave the one I made to my mother for her birthday and she loves it. She wore it to church today and everyone wanted to know where she got it. :D

TIA

Desiree, that is the part of the pattern where I had to frog 1 row and then I made myself a little chart with 8,9, 10, 11, at the top and the row numbers along the other side and with each row I had to very carefully read and follow, and I came out okay eventually. Glad it seems to be working out for you now.

Okay, I was soooooooooooooooo excited about this pattern, BUT now that I been working on it, it doesn't look right at ALL, I got the first part done and am on the secpnd part where it say to increase four times each round, okay I did that, and tried it on and it is VERY WONKY.......poooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh.............so I think I am going to frog it.........and try something else with the yarn, I HATE to be a quiter but if I dont se myself in it, what is the sence??? Its just all bunchy at the bottom of the back, and I dont like the neck part when I "tried it in" .........k, so I am discouraged with it....

Archived