My star attempt

rsisland

I loved the star blankie but wanted one a bit bigger for my four year old nephew. I happen to have black and white in my stash and knew it would be easy to buy more to match if I needed it ( and of course I did).

Here's the first half on a twin bed:

th_6423a6d9.jpg

and on my king size bed after it was finished:

th_IM000213.jpg

It started to get a little wobbly the bigger it got, but all my granny type things usually do. The color combo drove my hubby's eyes nuts. Now I need to make one for his 5 yr. old sister and for the new baby due later this year so all the kids match somewhat.

WOW! :eek I love that black & white! It makes the eyes go squirrelly!!! How cool is that! Another great idea for my youngest sonf or Christmas! He would love that. Thanx for the idea of using black & white! :cheer

Looks great! I made one of those for my dd and I am making one for the blankey brigade right now. I love that pattern. Wish I could make one for my 3 yr old....but she has one blanket that she uses....don't even try to give her another one. It's a care bear blanket I sewed with that silky edging to it. Maybe one day she'll let me make her another blankie....lol.

Awesome job!

Thanks everyone

Now to finish up the other two..I think I've become addicted to this pattern. I was thinking of making my first thread project in the star pattern. I think it might look nice as a doilie under a candle. What do you think ? :think

A rug for a kids room would also be awesome. Oh the many things that just pop into your mind when you're not looking... :devil

Great job! I'm in the process of using up my black and white stash as well! Should have thought of that pattern!

Bec

Archived