Christmas Year-round 2008!

Jadzia

Yes, I know some of you dont want to think about Christmas , but I am starting this thread for us procrastinators.

My original thoughts

I have to admit. I was so unprepared for Christmas. No one had a crochet gift! I was so disappointed in myself! I had school full time and I just didn't have time between my family and school. I always have big plans but get started to late in the game:(.

But starting today; I am already planning for Christmas 2008. It will be Christmas year-round for me.:sheepxmas:wreath I will take my time and find the right patters for each person. And this way I dont have to rush. (well not as much).

I have been kind of avoiding this site so I wouldn't remind me of my lazy butt! But now I see Annie's Attic has listed all their patterns and now I am in a printing frenzy to ad to my collection and much needed ideas.

Did everyone get their Christmas projects done in time?

I really want to have gifts for everyone this year!

here is my list..

Husband

Dad

Mike (brother)

Jo (sister)

Tim(BIL)

Garret(their son)

Ricky (brother)

Nick (his son)

Kyle (his step son)

Hoping to add..

Eileen (moms sisters)

Jenine

Charlie

I hope thats everyone! Now I need to decide what I want to do for everyone!:think

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really should join this one. I first need to decide who I will make something for and then what I want to make. Will figure all that out and then come back. This is a really good idea!

I am soooo in! :clap

I have already started some of my christmas presents so this is perfect!

My list so far:

Gram Barb (bf's gm): up-down stitch afghan started

Nana (bf's ggm): alt. v-shell lapghan started

New Baby (bf's cousin's baby): stocking not started waiting for babys sex

Teri (bff): snb FBB color and lining need to be picked

Ashley (bff): snb FBB color and lining need to be picked

Kristy (cousin): snb FBB color and lining need to be picked

Gale & Steve (bf's mom and step dad): 2 stockings and tree skirt nothing started prob. use burgandy, soft white and dk thyme rhss

30 Ornaments: star red and green holiday yarn

Others I need to get on list (patterns not selected):

Nate (my man)

Pappy A (my gf)

Scott (my brother)

Mom

Robert (bf's dad) not sure if he would use an afghan we'll have to do some research first...he may be removed from list or maybe knocked back to a beanie

Mary (bf's dad's gf) maybe snb fbb we'll see if i like making them that much first!

I know there are more people but for now this will have to do I'll just have to adjust the list later. I'm getting excited now I have some motivation to get these all done way ahead of time! :hook

I'm so in. I have been trying to prepare a list of things to make for gifts this year. So far for my 2 neices, I'll be making Prayer shawls for them. I need to pick up the yarn for those projects.

Blessings,

Lynn

I am soooo in! :clap

I have already started some of my christmas presents so this is perfect!

My list so far:

Gram Barb (bf's gm): up-down stitch afghan started

Nana (bf's ggm): alt. v-shell lapghan started

New Baby (bf's cousin's baby): stocking not started waiting for babys sex

Teri (bff): snb FBB color and lining need to be picked

Ashley (bff): snb FBB color and lining need to be picked

Kristy (cousin): snb FBB color and lining need to be picked

Gale & Steve (bf's mom and step dad): 2 stockings and tree skirt nothing started prob. use burgandy, soft white and dk thyme rhss

30 Ornaments: star red and green holiday yarn

Others I need to get on list (patterns not selected):

Nate (my man)

Pappy A (my gf)

Scott (my brother)

Mom

Robert (bf's dad) not sure if he would use an afghan we'll have to do some research first...he may be removed from list or maybe knocked back to a beanie

Mary (bf's dad's gf) maybe snb fbb we'll see if i like making them that much first!

I know there are more people but for now this will have to do I'll just have to adjust the list later. I'm getting excited now I have some motivation to get these all done way ahead of time! :hook

okay you'll be really busy this yr.

but i need for you explain yourself on what these mean:

"snb fbb", & what's "up-down stitch".

jaye

Nana I can answer that for you, snb fbb is the Stitch N B___h book and the fbb is the Fat Bottom Bag that is a pattern from that book.

I am so glad that you cleared that up for us who aren't in the know. Thanks

I think I'll join this one as well, because last year I kept thinking I had a lot of time left before Christmas, and on Christmas MORNING I was STILL working on an afghan that I gave as a gift later on that day!

I think it's an excellent idea to work on Christmas gifts all year round. At least that way, if the gifts get finished well before Christmas, it leaves plenty of time for us to either just enjoy the holidays ourselves, or have time to make some little last minute stocking stuffers that might come up later in the year. At least the main gifts will be DONE!

Elle

:clapGreat idea for a CAL! I've been working on a few Christmas presents too. I haven't sat down and made my list yet but that sounds like a better, more organised idea. :lol I'll post my list as soon as I can sort it out.

I'm in! I know for sure that I want to make some plastic bag holders for the kitchen ... got a neat book recently that has seven different patterns that are too cute (carrot, apples, strawberry, etc.) I made a list of which ones to make for which family and have the list of yarn needed in my wallet. And I also got a book on Kleenex box covers (they are little crocheted houses) because I specifically want to make the one that looks like a cabin for my grandparents ... it reminds me of the little cabin by the Lake of the Ozarks they lived in for many years before moving back up here with my parents.

That's basically my list for now ... not sure what, if anything, I will add.

I'm in. I need something to keep me on track.

Here's my list so far:

Granddaughter #1 - crocheted doll (I haven't decided on whether it should be Holly Hobby or some other doll)

Granddaughter #2 - crocheted bear with a small wardrobe

Grandson - a cat afghan (there's a CAL forming for that)

Daughter #2 - crocheted socks and possibly a dolphin afghan

Daughter #1 - don't know yet

Sons-in-law - they always get a Hickory Farms food basket

okay you'll be really busy this yr.

but i need for you explain yourself on what these mean:

"snb fbb", & what's "up-down stitch".

jaye

Sorry for the confusion but, yes the snb fbb is the fat bottomed bag, normally I'm not all into abbreviations but I've seen it other places like that so I went with it ;)

And the up-down stitch afghan is just an afghan using just that stitch, I found the stitch over at crochet pattern central, it's basically just alternating single crochets and double crochets and then in the next row you do a single in a double and a double in a single, when you switch colors every row or every other row you get an up-down look.... if I remember tomorrow I'll post a pic

And yes I will be busy but that's just the way I like it! :D

OK, count me in. I really need to kick this procrastination habit, and this Christmas CAL will be the motivator I need to get rolling.

I have at least 12 gifts which I'd like to make, the largest of which is an afghan(I'm notoriously slow in connecting small squares).

It would be so nice to have all the gifts done on time -

Ellen

Oh, I'm in! Haven't much time for crocheting at the moment, but hopefully, things will settle down soon. I've been working on a flannelghan, which will probably be a Christmas present for someone (not sure who, yet). I'll have to think about my list and get back to you.

I have made a partial list of items I want to make for Christmas gifts this year. I will update as I get ideas for more later. I don't have to many that I have to make for, but it is fun to give them something I have made.

Here is my list so far:

Shawl for Neice 1 (started about 20% done)

Shawl for Neice 2

Magnolia Afghan for my Sister-in-Love (I plan to make this a bit larger than is listed)

Care Bear afghan for Daughter

Care Bear afghan for great niece (I ordered the Care Bear pattern book tonight, so it should be is soon.)

That's all I have so far. I need to find something special for my Mother-in-Love and for the men in the family. I also need to find a pattern for a animal afghan. Not exactly sure what to look for on that one yet.

That's it so far.

Blessings,

Lynn

Lynn.. check out HappyYellow house.com, the ad that is at the top of this site or check in the Happy House cal... Cara [Misa] has some beautiful patterns for afghans of all kinds I know she has some animal ones and they are free .. in the Happy House cal we are working on several different of her ghans..

o.k. call me slow but I just thought of my list while reading up on this cal. I had hoped to make these this past year but didn't start in time.

1. snow man for mom

2. snow man for sister-in-law

3. afghan for family gift exchange-need to find a nautral pattern

4. something for my brother-not sure what yet

5. something for my dad- not sure what yet

I'm in on this too. My list is short so far, as I haven't decided on everyone just yet.

Mom- Dot's scrap afghan (25%) done

Sister 1 - Daisy Square afghan

Sister 2 - Daisy Square afghan

For the daisy afghans, I am making 2 squares a week and will make more when I go on vacation in April. This way I'm making slow and steady progress but have the time and freedom to work on other projects.

Archived