Christmas Year-round 2008!

Jadzia

Is it too late to join in? I am so behind on my list!! I'm so behind I haven't even made my list b/c I don't want to know how far behind I am!

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is it too late to join in? I am so behind on my list!! I'm so behind I haven't even made my list b/c I don't want to know how far behind I am!

Nope, it is never too late to join in.:yay Welcome glad to have you join us!!!! Don't feel bad, I am behind too, and I have had my list made for months now :lol:lol I do have 2 ghans made and finishing up the edging on the third. Have the fourth one started but no where near being done with it, but I am trying. Good luck and hope to see some of your finished gifts!!!

I'd like to jump in too. My list is really just people who I make ornaments for each year and so far I've managed to make a different sort every time. Usually it's beads but I have found in an old 1984 Crochet Monthly magazine my Nan owned some beautiful little crochet bauble covers, they are just gorgeous so I want to make those for everyone this year.

Have almost finished the first one and it looks great! Would have finished it but I accidentally left my hook in the car which DH has taken out *cry* so I will have to finish when he gets home.

My list of people:

3 Teachers

2 or 3 close friends

Sister and husband

Parents

Scout leaders

total: 28 baubles roughly

optional extras:

Principal and assistant principals: another 3 baubles.

So one down 30 to go..... *meep!*

Here's my initial list:

Shawl/wrap for step d.i.l (0%)

Ballet set for niece (sweater, legwarmers, bun cover)(0%)

Memo pad holder for Gramps(0%)

Afghan for friend (I bought the yarn, does that count? lol)

Afghan for sister( 0%)

Present pillow for my home (50%)

Christmas afghan for my home (25%)

As you can see, I'm way behind! My house is on a christmas tour of homes, so I want to finish the pillow before that, but I may have to sacrifice my afghan so I can get started on the rest. I'm going on vacation this weekend and I'll be taking hooks and yarn on the drive!

I forgot, my secretary has requested a doily for Christmas, So I need to add that to my list. I've never made a doily and don't do thread crochet, so I have my work cut out for me on that one!

Have made 5 so far, am on a bit of a roll. 3 different designs and am working on a 4th but this one is seriously threatening to do my head in so we shall see if my patience holds out.

I've never done any thread crochet before like fthrem but it's been kinda fun in a toss your craft across the room and say naughty words type of way.

5 down 25 to go :)

I haven't made much progress on my list so far, but I did finish a shawl for my MOther's bday over the weekend, so that freed me up to get to work on the Christmas stuff. Here's where I stand right now:

Shawl/wrap for step d.i.l (0%)

Ballet set for niece (sweater, legwarmers, bun cover)(0%)

Memo pad holder for Gramps(0%)

Afghan for friend (I bought the yarn, does that count? lol)

Afghan for sister( 0%)

Present pillow for my home (90%)

I eliminated the Christmas Afghan i planned to do for my house, no time! Hopefully I'll finish up the pillow tonight. The memo pad holder shouldn't take long and I can use yarn from my stash. I've made the wrap that I plan to make for my step d.i.l. and I can do it in a weekend. I'm starting to feel the pressure!

Here is a another finished ghan (3 down and how many more to go?:lol) that I can mark off my list :cheer:clap:yay. Seems like it is taking me forever to make it through my Christmas list :lol:lol. Maybe I will have everything done by Christmas, but I am beginning to have my doubts.

hexagonghan001.jpg?t=1225240502

:cheer:clap:yay Yeah!!!!!!!! I got another ghan on my Christmas list completed!!!!!!!!! This is the one I made for my cousin's dh.

CamoGranny002.jpg?t=1223570025

hexagonghan001.jpg?t=1225240502

Scooby these are both very nice.... :clap

I had totally forgot I joined this forum. Dingy me..:lol

I have gotten a few things done for Christmas.... I will have to post them soon...

I'm SO joining you guys! :cheer I love Christmas, and have been making some presents.. This is my first Christmas as a real crocheter, last Christmas I only knew how to make easy double crochet shawls and double crochet hats.. ;) So I didn't make anything for anyone then.. But this year it's gonna be different!

This is what I have got so far..

The first is a Daisy-blanket I made for my twinsister. It's actually a birthdaygift, but our birthday is december 23rd, so I kind of think of it as a Christmaspresent.

DSCF3560.jpg

This is for my grandparents.. My first (and last, I think) doily.

DSCF3393.jpg

And this is for my mum, a delicate purse.

DSCF3612.jpg

I'm making a toddlerdress for a niece, and have a couple of amigurumis laying around. I'm also making bunny slippers for another niece. :)

This thread is so much fun, it's really inspiering to see what you all have done. I must say I'm quite impressed with many of you..! And some of you are making so MANY blankets, wow! Good job..!

Very nice...:yay

Well I have completely scratched my Christmas to do list and started over! lol

I'm focusing on getting the things I want to make for my dd done and then I'll see what I can fit in for everyone else. Her stuff kept getting pushed to the back burner and really she is the most important person on my list (and in my life) so her stuff needs to be priority.

But here is where I stand so far:

DD: Scarf, Hat & Mittens Sets

Blanket for Baby Doll

My Family

Mom*--Brown Scarf DONE Pink Scarf--

Michelle*--Black & White Scarf, Red & White Scarf DONE

Debbie*--Orange and Brown Scarf DONE

Donna*

Anndrea--Red & Black Scarf, Red & Black Wrist Warmers DONE

Gma*

Carla*

Doris*