Christmas Year-round 2008!

Jadzia

Sounds like everyone is deciding on gifts to make and getting a start on them. I have decided on a gift exchange afghan. I am going to make the cathedral rose afghan. I have the yarn and will be starting soon. I would love to start today but want to get a baby blanket done first. If I can get myself to wait that long. :) I'm still thinking of ideas for my brother and sis-in-law and dad.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got a few more rounds then I am doing a round of sc to finish off my nephew corbins afghan. Only 6 more to go for Christmas. Hey maybe I will even get to make myself one too. LOL Hope everyone else is progressing well too!

wendy

I finished Corbins round ripple Steelerghan. Have yarn for the next 3 afghans. will probably start this weekend cause its snowing AGAIN!!!!! oh well the only good thing about the cold weather is I can crochet my afghans. LOL

wendy

Alrighty! So I finally have a small idea of what I am doing for Christmas presents

Bed of Roses filet bedspread for Grandmother

Lighthouse filet lapghan for in-laws

something with butterflies for sister

something with dolphins or whales for other sister

Need ideas for my parents.......

If the ripple afghan and tumbling blocks don't get done for my boys for their birthdays, then those will be for Christmas also.....:eek Better get my crochet on!!

:rud You, Jadzia, are onto a great idea for a CAL!

This will take some thinking and planning as I have 1 RR to finish and 2 more afghans to make before I can start thinking about Christmas, but I am IN!

I do know that I will be making another Spiderman RR for Christmas.

DH wants an afghan....he might very well be waiting until Christmas.

I like the waves of color bag....I'm sure someone needs one of these!

I haven't gotten anything done for anyone for Christmas and here it is the middle of March already. :eek I keep getting pulled in other directions - other projects, teaching at the local LYS, etc. What to do?:think

While writing this I just got an idea. I go to a Sit 'n' Stitch every Sunday afternoon and there's a monthly crocheting group, I can work on my gifts there. I don't know why I didn't think of that before. I usually take something that doesn't require a lot of concentration because of all the talking going on.

I knew if I talked to ya'll about it I'd come up with something. Thanks everyone!

:crocheting I would like to sneak in on this one. I missed x-mas last year due to a family illness so I already have a ton of supplies, started projects, and patterns chosen, so I am a little ahead of the game. But still a mess :P

Adult girls: FBBs or lion satchel grande totes, maybe also matching hats (already have yarn for about 4 out of 8)

Men: Hats (they don't get much handmade, just food, lol!) (already have yarn & patterns for all 6)

Dd: Sock Monkey Bico, Bassinet purse w/doll & outfits (started bag, need to frog and resize bico)

Ds: Lumberjack 'ghan, Navy & hunter, laptop bag (started 'ghan w/different pattern, need to frog and begin as lumberjack 'ghan)

Dh: lapghan for fave chair, balaclava type hat sort of thing (lapghan is started)

Neice & nephews: Personalized messenger bags (haven't even started or shopped for yarn)

I want to make things simple, but yet personalize each thing for it's recipient. Everybody is so different it will be easy to make each different.

So glad you found something:clap I haven't gotten started on my Christmas either cause of trying to finish up with Easter. Time flying too fast:eek

I haven't gotten anything done for anyone for Christmas and here it is the middle of March already. :eek I keep getting pulled in other directions - other projects, teaching at the local LYS, etc. What to do?:think

While writing this I just got an idea. I go to a Sit 'n' Stitch every Sunday afternoon and there's a monthly crocheting group, I can work on my gifts there. I don't know why I didn't think of that before. I usually take something that doesn't require a lot of concentration because of all the talking going on.

I knew if I talked to ya'll about it I'd come up with something. Thanks everyone!

Does anybody buy leftover x-mas kits while they are on clearance and work on them through the year?

Anybody sneak a little time here and there to make something for themselves that may take longer than a regular project?

I have started on my first Lion Brand Satchel Grande.

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/70051A.html

I decided to actually use the wool ease thick & quick for the first one and I do love it. For the others I will try to check out the gauge with doubled worsted weight. The color range for the thick and quick could be a little better. I went for the charcoal like in the picture cause I have a lady on my list that I know would love it. :santa

So far I have the two sides done and will be doing the handles next. Dh bought the wooden dowel for me at the hardware store so I am all set to go now. Next time I will also be changing it to the up & down crochet stitch. It is going along somewhat quickly when I actually get time to work on it. I think this pattern could actually be converted to many other stitch patterns to make each bag different. I would like to do one with a couple big fat plaited cables down the center also.

Anybody else want to share what they are working on? :crocheting

Ok everybody, I have some updates here, listed in green. Of course it is mostly for adding projects and materials, but a little progress.

Adult girls: FBBs or lion satchel grande totes, maybe also matching hats (already have yarn for about 4 out of 8)

1/3 done with first satchel grande tote

Men: Hats (they don't get much handmade, just food, lol!) (already have yarn & patterns for all 6) no progress here, lol.

Dd: Sock Monkey Bico, Bassinet purse w/doll & outfits (started bag, need to frog and resize bico)

Adding a Noah afghan from Crochet! mag to list. Making double stranded w/bigger hook to be bigger and warmer.

Ds: Lumberjack 'ghan, Navy & hunter, laptop bag (started 'ghan w/different pattern, need to frog and begin as lumberjack 'ghan)

Found pattern from 'net and yarn from stash for laptop bag, just need clasp and webbed strap for handle lining.

Dh: lapghan for fave chair, balaclava type hat sort of thing (lapghan is started) lapghan now up to about 50%

Neice & nephews: Personalized messenger bags (haven't even started or shopped for yarn) designed own pattern, need to buy yarn

This is an awesome idea. I would like to join this group. Hopefully it will keep me on task.

Good luck on that one, rofl! It would be too much to ask for a cal to keep me on task when everybody keeps giving me wonderful ideas here :D I am just hoping that it will help me get back on task when the inevetible holiday, baby, or birthday comes up and I have to jump on something for a gift. I may print out my list to hang up and make little progress bars on it as I go along.

Easter was a big one for me, so hopefully I will have a better time working on my longterm projects, lol! I am hoping to get some pictures taken very soon so I can see my progress and be able to share it here. I like to see how far I have gotten on big projects. I consider anything over a hat or dishtowel a big project, though.

Good luck on that one, rofl! It would be too much to ask for a cal to keep me on task when everybody keeps giving me wonderful ideas here :D I am just hoping that it will help me get back on task when the inevetible holiday, baby, or birthday comes up and I have to jump on something for a gift. I may print out my list to hang up and make little progress bars on it as I go along.

Easter was a big one for me, so hopefully I will have a better time working on my longterm projects, lol! I am hoping to get some pictures taken very soon so I can see my progress and be able to share it here. I like to see how far I have gotten on big projects. I consider anything over a hat or dishtowel a big project, though.

Good luck to you too. :cheer:cheer

I want to be involved with this! Great idea as I have a long list of christmas items I have to make. As I make I can scratch off. Pretty convenient.

Nana-Doily

Laurie- Purple Doily

A. Rose-Doily

A. Babe-Doily

A. Connie-Doily

Grandma Dour-Doily

Elizabeth-tissue box holder

Deb-Doily

Kayla-Minnie Mouse afghan

Sandy-peach doily

Dana-Doily

Anna-couple bookmarkers

Denise-Doily

Mom-Doily

For the guys I'm buying Gift Cards which will be really for the whole family.

WOOOOO HOOOOO I finally got the edging on my baby blanket. I had to force myself to sit down and do it. It was all done but that. I just don't like doing that part of the blanket :lol. I will try to get a picture of it posted later when I get free from all my other duties.

Oh boy, doilies and baby blankets, I can't wait to see. I am not making much crochet progress these next few days. My shoulder and arm are bothering me from an old injury, so I need to take it easy. Please, somebody show some photos to feed my obsession :rofl!!!!!!

Archived