Christmas Year-round 2008!

Jadzia

Oh I would very much like to join this one.:cheer Im never prepared...but as I sit here at work during my break slowly crocheting away, I read this board and Im stunned at how creative and prolific you all are.

Vicki and Rob - afghan already started ( though maybe for the august anniversary if possible):hug

Sister and family - something cheery and full of Christmas:gift

Jerry - long time friend who has the most generous heart I know:bheart

Niece - I hope cause she is the only one in the family to NOT have a 'first' afghan of her own.

:waving

and a dozen or so scarf and hat sets:wgrin

Wish me luck

(Of course this doesnt count the 2/5 more babyghans Im making and the secret catghan, the wedding gift, and my cathedral rose window:eek

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lynn.. check out HappyYellow house.com, the ad that is at the top of this site or check in the Happy House cal... Cara [Misa] has some beautiful patterns for afghans of all kinds I know she has some animal ones and they are free .. in the Happy House cal we are working on several different of her ghans..

Thanks so much for the information. I found a couple that I would love to make for my MIL for a gift. :manyheart

My son would like to have one that has a lion in it, kinda like the Care Bears, but I'm not sure I'll find anything like that. He really likes jungle critters. I wonder if I could take a cross-stitch pattern and change it for crochet. Wonder if that would be possible?:think

Thanks so much for the help. I will decide on what pattern I want to try for her christmas gift. Thanks again. :hook

Blessings,

Lynn who really needs to be :crocheting.

oh am i glad to find you guys! i thought i was the only one who needed to start their christmas presents in january....anyway, i have already started the Christmas Celebration afghan out of Herrshner's Blue Ribbon book for my grandmother, and will add to the list as I figure things out. Can't wait to see all everyones creations!:yay

Lynn~yes that would work. Aussie/wendy is doing just that. Just remember that there won't be any back stitching to define things.

Thanks!!! That is great, :clap I have a cross-stitch pattern that will work great. I also have a filet crochet pattern of a lion, but it if I make it with thread it would be the size of a small wallhanging. I was thinking it would also make a great addition to my son's bedroom, but he really wanted an afghan to have for his bed and to wrap up in to watch movies.

:think I wonder what size the filet crochet pattern would be in an afghan, if I use WW yarn?!?! I'm thinking out loud now. LOL :blush

Thanks so much for letting me know, that the cross-stitch pattern would work.

Blessings,

Lynn

I really been working at my Alt. V-Shell lapghan and it should be done real soon, maybe this weekend! that will be one off the list.... can't really get to anything else beside what I've already got started since I'm working on 2 Giant Granny Squares Afghan I need for May/June weddings :( they come first! but they go fast!!! :D

I have finally decided on a couple things I need made for x-mas 08.:clap

I have a couple afghans in the works now which I will eventually decide who they will be going to. I have chosen an afghan pattern for my neices...got pink and black yarn today and am going to start one tonight...especially since my warm waves ripple is on hold til I get more yarn....can't wait to get a progress pic up.:crocheting

I really need to join this also. I am always wondering what to give people for christmas and I always wait till the last minute. I was just thinking about this last month.

Mother- started and afghan and 50% done. want to make her a scarf also.

Step father- bought the material for his afghan need a pattern

2 sons- bought the yarn for afghans no pattern

my aunt- bought yarn for afghan no pattern

cousin- started her afghan about 10% done

cousin's husband- bought yarn for afghan no pattern

cousin's son- bought yarn for afghan no pattern

I will also make a dozen or so scarves and hats for other people.

And I am sure I am forgetting some people so I am sure my list will grow. :lol But for now that is where it stands for now.

:cheer:cheer IT'S DONE :cheer:cheer

The Alt. V-Shell Lapghan is finished and all ends are woven in!!!

Sorry I didn't have time to take a picture, maybe tomorrow?!?!?!

so thats one off the christmas list!

Lynn try here if you make each / a square it would be about 60" x 70"

http://www.mountainharmony.com/crafts/pdf/animals/pcpat_tbox_lionface.pdf

Thanks Super Granny for the information. I was wondering about it.

Thanks again,

Lynn

Here is my list so far: Updated

Shawl for Neice 1 (started about 25% done)

Shawl for Neice 2

Magnolia Afghan for my Sister-in-Love (I plan to make this a bit larger than is listed) 3/70, I may need to make more blocks, but that is a great starting point.

Care Bear afghan for Daughter (pattern is in) Cheer Bear

Care Bear afghan for great niece (pattern is in) not decided yet

Lion Afghan for Son

Well, that is it for now.

Blessings,

Lynn

I think I've gotten a good start on my Christmas gift list. Nieces and nephews are getting 12 point round ripple afghans

Nephew Corbin--will claim the yellow and black 12 point that I just started whether I allow him or not! LOL

Nephew Lev-- 12 point afghan in shades of blue

Nephew Brandon-- not sure of colors

Niece Kyiva-- still looking for right colors

Neice Montana--shades of pink

Niece Marena--will do rainbow colored

Niece Lyra--also shades of pink, maybe some lime green thrown in to match new bedroom colors

I would also like to do things like scarves, hats, etc. not sure what yet

that is my list so far. it gives me lots of work to do!!!

wendy

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ladies;

Well I started my husbands Christmas project. A afghan.

I am half done.

I figure If I do 2 projects a month I will be done by October and I can rush a lot less at the holiday season. And bake a lot more!!!

I also am going to do some recipe searches and print them off and file away for "holiday season 2008" .!!

I really like this!

I feel more organized doing this! :manyheart And it takes such little time rather than rushing and freaking out!:yay

So I've got one item done, Nana's Alt. V-Shell Stitch Lapghan COMPLETED

and I've been making some great progress on Gram Barb's afghan I'm prob. close to half way!!! yay!

I did a test run of a fat bottom bag and I really like how quick and easy it worked up so they are a GO!!! now to pick the colors and lining

Oh what a great thread! I am making EVERYONE's (well all the women anyway) gifts this year so this is gonna be a long list...But what a great way to keep up with it.

Legend: All are getting a scarf or two and the ones with a * are getting a kitchen set: Dishrags, scrubbies, potholders, etc.

My Family

Mom*--Pink & Brown Scarf

Michelle--Black & White Scarf DONE / Red & Black Scarf / Pink & Black Scarf

Debbie*--Burgundy Scar

Donna*

Anndrea--Red & Black Scarf DONE

Gma*

Carla*

Doris*

Tambra

Tiffany

DH's Family

MIL*--Light Pink Scarf

Shelley*

Sherri*--Black Scarf

Alex--Purple Scarf DONE

Alicia--Blue/multi scarf DONE

This is where I stand so far. As I get new ideas for them or complete projects I'll update my list.

IN years past when my family exchanged gifts I would often start in January ... who am I kidding? I drove my family nuts because I was done and had them wrapped by May :lol. The latest I cut it was the year I crocheted 15 full sized afghans as presents, took me three months and I pushed at the end. But, they were some of the best received gifts and are still in use by all. :crocheting

It is funny that I would run into this post. We (well I) decided I was going to give only handmade gifts this year.

This is what I have completed, so far this year:

For neice Ashley B-day: Slippers and Scrunchie

For nephew Dustin's B-day: Slippers

For neice Cali's B-day: Finished up an Adult-sized Afghan

For neice Emily's Bay: Romantic Ripple Afghan from Leisure Arts A to Z Afghans

Gave away for the heck of it. LOL. My son a hooded sweater (my first wearable) and my mother a doily (my first thread).

Projects I am working on:

For nephew Cody's B-day: Rip On Aztec Afghan

For nephew Brian's B-day: Handsome for Him Afghan

For myself: Short N Sassy Jacket

Projects I plan to do:

Son: Plastic Canvas Car Mat and Car Afghan

Fiancee: Pittsburgh Steelers Afghan

Mom: Short n Sassy Jacket

SIL: Short n Sassy Jacket

Sister: Apple Fillet Curtains

Neice Ashley Christmas: Heart Afghan

There is more, but I am just hoping to get all these done in the next few months. Most of these are for Birthdays. Haven't even started on Christmas yet. LOL.

My goal is an afghan for each of my eleven neices and nephews this year. Plus the sunflower runner my mother is requesting in thread crochet for her fireplace mantel. I think I am going to have to come up with this pattern myself. I have not found anything close to what I need yet. Any ideas?

:lolWell, my list has grown a little bit and changed a little bit also. So here is the new list and updates:

Mother: Scarf (Completed) and throw

Step-father: Scarf (Completed) and throw

Oldest Son: afghan (not started yet) and a skater hat

Youngest Son: afghan (not started yet) and a skater hat

Aunt: Scarf and throw(started about 25% done)

Cousin: Scarf and throw (completed)

Cousin's husband: Scarf and throw (completed)

Cousin's son: Scarf (completed) and throw (completed)

Cupcake purses for daughters of some friends. I will be making several of these. (1 completed)

I think that is all for the moment. I am sure there will be more gifts down the line some where, because I am sure I left out someone. And of course there are a few friends that I haven't decided what I am going to make for them yet. Will decide and add them later as they are decided on.

Congratulations to everyone who have completed or started on their gifts :yay:cheer:clap Keep on :crocheting and have fun doing it!!!!!!!! :hug:manyheart

Archived