Christmas Year-round 2008!

Jadzia

August sounds like a good goal for me, too. I would like to have xmas done by then as we have many winter birthdays around here. I want to do up a lot of the winter clothes for the kids, crochet, knit, and sewing.

I think it would be fun to have photo and link fridays around here too, like I have seen on some of the other cals. Even for those of us like me that have days where we don't have any progress, we can still share links to things on our lists, patterns or yarn. Anything like that.

What do you guys think? I really just like photos! I will even go first, when I charge my silly cam, hehe!

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, Friday Photos sound good to me too. I have one half way done and another one started as I'm on row 12 and there are rows 26. PLUS I have a little one 4 1/2 inches done. Didn't realize it was so small so I'm giving it to my neighbor.

Sue

August sounds like a good goal for me, too. I would like to have xmas done by then as we have many winter birthdays around here. I want to do up a lot of the winter clothes for the kids, crochet, knit, and sewing.

I think it would be fun to have photo and link fridays around here too, like I have seen on some of the other cals. Even for those of us like me that have days where we don't have any progress, we can still share links to things on our lists, patterns or yarn. Anything like that.

What do you guys think? I really just like photos! I will even go first, when I charge my silly cam, hehe!

Photo friday sounds great, but I need a backup for weeks of not much progress, lol! Like this week. I am nursing some soreness from an old shoulder injury and not crocheting. Driving me just crazy, it is. I will share some links for things I am making. Maybe even an original pattern or two. I will get some photos of what I have started and hopefully I will feel better next week. can't wait to see what everybody is working on!

I am *SO* joining you!! I have resolved to make everyone at least one handmade gift this year, most likely crocheted since my knitting is so very bad...:lol My list will include my entire gifting list, not all of whom will be on my actual gifting list, as we exchange.... Thank goodness, cause I think my hands would just fall off!:(

So here's my list, what I hope to make and so forth:

Gram: potholder set w/dishtowel: started oven mitt finished

Dad: socks, camo colorway started

Donna: shawl or reading wrap

Mike: socks? red/black/white/orange?

Amy:

Abigail: outfit for spring

Chris: felted case/ bag for scissors?

MyTrinh: stethescope cover? lapghan?

Shawn: socks? blue/green colorway bought

Julie: shopping bag

Larry: ?

Madailyn: dolly/teddy clothing

Elsie: toys? outfit?

Seann: ?

Sarah: socks

Martin: laptop cozie?

Becky: deco for bedroom

Mom C.: deco for bedroom

Dad C.: something for card night, or coffee related.

What a great idea for a place to keep me on track! Thanks for starting this thread...

I finished m niee Marenas pastel rainbow round ripple on Thursday. Now I only have 5 more to go.

I love those doilies but just can't get my fingers to do anything that small. Arthritis is no fun!! oh well I can still use an H hook or larger so I can't complain too much.

I'm off to set up my next afghan! Have a great day!

• 2 weeks later...

hi! since i make most of my gifts that i give to others, i've been thinking about who gets what this year and i would love to have some company! so yeah, i'd like to join in! grins, debra

• 2 weeks later...

Ok ladies and gents, here is one of my Christmas projects finished. This is the throw I made for my cousin. :cheer:cheer:cheer Wooo hooo one down and several more to go :lol

crochet004.jpg?t=1209797667

This is a close up of the stitch/pattern I used.

crochet006.jpg?t=1209797767

And another close up shot.

crochet007-1.jpg?t=1209797866

Here are the pictures of the baby blanket and scarves that I have completed. The cupcake purse has been added to my list of gifts to make. I am making these for some of my friends daughters.

002-1.jpg?t=1209798775

The gray one is for my cousin's son, the one in the middle is for my step dad, and the last one is for my mom.

003-1.jpg?t=1209798950

And the cupcake purse.

crochet001.jpg?t=1209799013

Ok ladies and gents, here is one of my Christmas projects finished. This is the throw I made for my cousin. :cheer:cheer:cheer Wooo hooo one down and several more to go :lol

crochet004.jpg?t=1209797667

This is a close up of the stitch/pattern I used.

crochet006.jpg?t=1209797767

And another close up shot.

crochet007-1.jpg?t=1209797866

Very nice:yay

Here are the pictures of the baby blanket and scarves that I have completed. The cupcake purse has been added to my list of gifts to make. I am making these for some of my friends daughters.

002-1.jpg?t=1209798775

The gray one is for my cousin's son, the one in the middle is for my step dad, and the last one is for my mom.

003-1.jpg?t=1209798950

And the cupcake purse.

crochet001.jpg?t=1209799013

:yes Good Job....

• 2 weeks later...

Hey ladies, I am slowly working on my afghan. I am doing the row a day cal to help me along. After I finish this then I will be working on my other things. It looks as though scoobydoo has made great progress! Great job!

Well I have 6 doilies done, I'm almost done with another one and have started my last one. 8 All together. I need to get these babies photographed so you all can see them.

:gallery

Wow everyone is making such progress, I feel like I'm falling behind :blush, I know I've still got plenty of time but still.... :clap Way to go everyone!!! Keep up the good work.... 4 more weeks of this semester and then maybe I'll have some crochet time agian, and maybe I'll make some more progress.:hook

good to see everyone is getting projects done! I finally finished my last minute baby round ripple afghan just need to weave in the ends. I moved to my niece Montanas round ripple and it is half done. got the yarn for my next one and need to decide on colors for 3 more. then I can move on to smaller projects. I am trying to take advantage of the cooler weather we are having and get some work on the big afghans done right now.

I've been reading Crochetville stuff on Ravelry so I've missed all the wonderful threads here. I've been looking around while I signed up for the Crochet Olympics. WOW! My middle dd has asked for a warm shawl for Christmas so I'm going to get started on that as soon as I find a pattern I like. Thanks for the inspiration to get started "early"....though I'm later than many of you. But better Saturday, May 17 than two days before Christmas! :o)

• 2 weeks later...

Yes it is better to start earlier than December 23!! LOL I am starting to compile a list of smaller projects that I want to make while it is hot. I love those cupcake purses so I think I will try them first. Anyone ever run across a crocheted birthday cake pattern? Oh well I am off to surf for new patterns.

I've been working on ornaments for my sister-in-laws. We've been doing this ornament exchange for years, and it's nice when I actually make them instead of purchasing them.

Terri-Angel ornament 100%

Sherry-Wreath ornament75% done. needs ribbon and decorations.

Mary Ann-Haven't found a good one yet.

So I will join this thread to keep myself on track.

:manyheart

Archived