Oh, dear!

My family recently got a new dog. We're still working on training her. I went to take a nap today and tucked my yarn on the couch, and went off to nap. I was waking up (sort of), when I heard my mom say "Ginger! What did you do?" I flew into the living room, expecting the filling to our couch to be spread through the house, and instead, I saw something worse (just kidding). The pictures explain. It's half-way untangled now. I'm just glad that the only thing attached to it was a finished gauge swatch I was planning to unravel. I would have cried if my sweater had been there. I guess I will have to be extra extra extra careful now. I noticed when I started that this yarn practically floats out of the skein it's so smooth and nice. I guess Ginger thought so too...

The yarn - pre Ginger

2217602078_5838a24494_m.jpg

The yarn - post Ginger

2216808529_a3255a3781_m.jpg

The Guilty Party

2216808069_b9e61df6cf_m.jpg

:rofl I know I shouldn't laugh but one morning when I woke up

I tripped over something in the dark when I went to turn the light

on I found a ball of my yarn ahd been taken through my kitchen

upstairs back down and through the kitchen and into the living room

where all 5 of my :cat's sat there with a guilty look on their faces.

Hope Ginger didn't get grounded too long. She probably missed you while you were taking a nap... maybe...

That was funny. :lol Our dogs leave my yarn alone. I had cats that use to watch it go up to my WIP and then try to play with it.

Just train her that it's not a toy. Show her the toy and say "good girl" show her the yarn and say "bad girl" show her the toy and say "good girl". Then give her the toy. If you end on the positive I think that helps them.

Debbi

That's cute. I've never had a problem with my dogs getting into my yarn...But I have had them get into my lap while I'm working with yarn.

That was a good story! Thanks for the laugh.

My kitten tried to do that with the yarn I hadn't even started using yet. And DH was in the room. I think I was more mad at DH for not noticing what she was doing. But I got to it in time. It was no big mess.

ooooooohhhhhhh, thrown in "puppy jail" on a 1st offense.... what happened to giving "juvies" a warning for 1st offenses?? :( poor puppy. can hear her thinking, "but i didn't KNOW!! it was wrong. I'll not do again (whimper whine)"

lol

Sandy

Good one!!!! :rofl

What a sweet picture of your puppy. Oh an that was a sweet picture of your yarn "before" as well.

That really is a nice looking yarn. Do anything in navy and you can "own" me. :manyheart

Archived