Grandpa's Vest

Wendy79

I guess we don't see many men's clothes on here, do we?!

I made this vest for my 88-year-old grandfather. I did most of the work while I was visiting him recently and he loved watching me work "just like your Granny used to do". But he didn't know what I was making or that it was for him! He wears sweater vests a lot, so I hope he likes it.

vest2.jpg

The armholes looked huge to me, but I tried it on someone a similar size and they work just right.

It's a free pattern from Lionbrand. I decided to leave off the pockets to keep it simpler and more like what he usually wears.

That looks wonderful. Your grandpa is sure to love it especially since you made it just for him. I'll bet it becomes his favorite vest and that he will wear it every where and tell everyone that his grand daughter made it just for him. :manyheart

Very cool. Looks great and I'm sure he'll love it to pieces. I'm sure it'll be the one he wears all the time, everywhere and won't stop bragging about it. (At least, that's what my Gram did with stuff I made her...)

How fabulous is this! I made my grandmother a shawl while I was visiting her. It's fun to make something you know will be appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived