Would you guys make/wear this?

sugalily

It is kind of funky but I can't see myself wearing it.....unless I crocheted something to wear from it! :hook

:scrachin I might wear that at work, if ..... I could rig the yarn in such a way that it would slowly unravel....:scrachin maybe under my shirt, (luckily, I have long hair) :devil that would allow me to crochet inconspicuously.... when I am supposed to be doing more mundane and uninteresting things like work. Yarn jewelry could have its uses.... ;)

:scrachin I might wear that at work, if ..... I could rig the yarn in such a way that it would slowly unravel....:scrachin maybe under my shirt, (luckily, I have long hair) :devil that would allow me to crochet inconspicuously.... when I am supposed to be doing more mundane and uninteresting things like work. Yarn jewelry could have its uses.... ;)

That is the funniest thing I've read in a long time! I can just imagine someone fiddling under their shirts and looking kind of kooky, only to find out they're secretly crocheting using a skein wound around their necks.

Okay can someone please fire the person who writes up patterns? I think she/he hit rock bottom. Can you imagine the person actually picking up the skein and holding it around their neck and saying "Aha!"

This is like that Family Guy joke about Stephen King:

King:"Um my next book? It's about um...scary...uh *looks around room* lamps! Yeah! That's it! Lamps that terrorize a family in their home! Ooooohhh."

Agent:"You just made that up didn't you?"

King: "...yes."

Agent: "*sighs* When can I have it by?"

:lol :lol

I seem to remember that sometime in the 80's ppl were wearing necklaces like this. But they weren't quite this bulky. Anyone else remember these?? Maybe it was just my little hick town. lol....

I seem to remember that sometime in the 80's ppl were wearing necklaces like this. But they weren't quite this bulky. Anyone else remember these?? Maybe it was just my little hick town. lol....

Yep I had a black one and a white one I wore together. They were beaded like thick pearl necklaces. I wouldn't wear a ball of yarn around my neck though :think

Wow. That is soo gorgeous! Where can I get that pattern? I dont know what you guys are talking about--I'd totally where that!

J/k

ye-up thats right up there with Mc hammer pants, big bangs, and bandana necklaces with marbles in them

OKay I'm gonna be the only here who actually thinks this is a neat idea. I would not go out and spend money on new yarn just for this, but I've worn weirder outfits before! LOL! I think it's creative.

*checks out some mohair shanks I have sitting around*

• 1 month later...

Shoot, if I had two hanks of a decent yarn like Glace lying around and was desperate for a necklace for an occasion, I might try it. Not that I'd wear it, but I'd try it out.

Wha??? That is ugly in my opinion. Why would you waste yarn or thread on something like that, when you could make a lovely choker or something that actually shows some skill???:think

:hook

Archived