2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

My sister's granddaughter fell in love with a hat I made for my other sister, so I have been asked to make another just like it. Well, I had to run to the Dollar Tree to buy more yarn, and I couldn't leave with one little skein, so I bought 4. My WTD is -2. My YTD is -184. I can't seem to get this stash busting thing down, but I am having fun!:devil

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With Krystal's illustrations and very concise directions, it is a great square to do and very easy after the first one, much easy than the graph ghan I am working on.

Maybe I'll get through that first one this coming weekend. I have printed out everything she offers (in color), but I think that I could sure use a tutor! Alas, you are 1500+ miles away! Hey! anyone in Portland (OR) out there that's done this?

Sorry about the OT.

-Marzee

Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +9/YTD: +17

Silver medal for stashbusting 8/24/08

:sigh I went to HL to get some yarn for a friend and saw they had some new stuff in the clearance isle :sigh so I bought 20 skeins of baby coordinates and 2 skeins of RH Kids :sigh so much for finally getting a decent score for the week. :lol

+3 -44 = -41 :sigh again.

:sigh I went to HL to get some yarn for a friend and saw they had some new stuff in the clearance isle :sigh so I bought 20 skeins of baby coordinates and 2 skeins of RH Kids :sigh so much for finally getting a decent score for the week. :lol

+3 -44 = -41 :sigh again.

I just better stay out of that store this week. I'm glad you added to your stash. I'm sure it's all very pretty.

I used about 3/4 (+/-) of the black skein on spiders :clap. I had to roll it, because it kept getting tangled (+1). I made 15 pumpkin pins but it hardly made a dent in the orange :(. I ran out of pin backs so I'll have to go to A.C. Moore again. If I get more points before Sat. I'll have to post on Fri. because the library will be closed all weekend.

WTD Score: - 3

Ellie 13

I rolled three half skeins into balls today so add 3 more points to my score! And it's only Wednesday.

:manyheart

I just can't pass up free yarn!:devil I've just been gifted an estate stash + (plus).:eek

The obvious stuff is the 13 skeins and 2 balls. (-28).

Then there are the UFOs... There's an 8" wide afghan panel (very nice) that I will frog down to 7", adding the closest multiple of 9 if necessary, and send to WUA. There's also a big rectangle of dc that I will probably do much the same thing with. How do I count those? Just the frogged & balled portions that will result?:think

And then there are ten 5" expert granny squares and 14 "learning" squares (apparently there were children) of various sizes. I will probably frog the learning squares to make my own, and watch the Crochet for Charity threads for someone wanting 5" squares (rare). But do I count any of these?:think

Final question. Where in the 'ville would I offer (free) two really old Clark's <O.N.T.> - J. & P. Coats Edgings booklets?

So there goes my YTD +:(. I will amend the total score if anyone can answer the questions above.

-Marzee

Stashbusting CAL:

WTD: -28/YTD: -11

Take the 5" squares and add a few rounds to make them 6", 8" or 12", that's the size most people want. If you frog and :crocheting at the same time it'll be 0 points :lol. I used up a ball last night (+1) :cheer. I hope to have a positive score by Sat.

WTD Score: - 2

Ellie 13

I just can't pass up free yarn!:devil I've just been gifted an estate stash + (plus).:eek

The obvious stuff is the 13 skeins and 2 balls. (-28).

Then there are the UFOs... There's an 8" wide afghan panel (very nice) that I will frog down to 7", adding the closest multiple of 9 if necessary, and send to WUA. There's also a big rectangle of dc that I will probably do much the same thing with. How do I count those? Just the frogged & balled portions that will result?:think

And then there are ten 5" expert granny squares and 14 "learning" squares (apparently there were children) of various sizes. I will probably frog the learning squares to make my own, and watch the Crochet for Charity threads for someone wanting 5" squares (rare). But do I count any of these?:think

Final question. Where in the 'ville would I offer (free) two really old Clark's <O.N.T.> - J. & P. Coats Edgings booklets?

So there goes my YTD +:(. I will amend the total score if anyone can answer the questions above.

You don't count the WIPs, just the yarn. If you frog the wips, then you count the resulting yarn.

As to the Booklets, you can offer them down in the "For Sale, Trade or Free" section. I would offer them FREE plus shipping - that way you don't lose money on shipping. JMO

Archived