2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ME?? Shoot The Moon Award??? WOW!! :clap Truthfully, I have always been trying for gold, silver or bronze. But I will take what ever award I can get! lol

Now I am on a mission to get my YTD to atleast -200 in the next month. Next week I will let someone else try for Shooting at the Moon. Any takers????:yarn:yarn:yarn

ME?? Shoot The Moon Award??? WOW!! :clap Truthfully, I have always been trying for gold, silver or bronze. But I will take what ever award I can get! lol

Now I am on a mission to get my YTD to atleast -200 in the next month. Next week I will let someone else try for Shooting at the Moon. Any takers????:yarn:yarn:yarn

"Not I" said the cat.....

Wow impressive Shoot the Moon score!!

I'm finally about done with the billion yards of thread on this roll so should finally break that 1 point week as long as I can stay away from the stores too :lol

Wow impressive Shoot the Moon score!!

I'm finally about done with the billion yards of thread on this roll so should finally break that 1 point week as long as I can stay away from the stores too :lol

Thank you Thank You:bow

Aiming to get the Gold for this coming week. So far I am going strong. Watching the olympics last night I pulled out a bunch of small balls and made up some granny squares. Then I threw a few of the small balls away. Not sure what type of yarn they were, but they weren't anything I could work with (not even sure how i acquired them lol)

Congrats on getting thru a whole ball of thread. :applauseThat is an accomplishment in itself!

It was a tax free weekend here in MA, so I did some shopping Sat. before the concert (bought no yarn :clap). I made 2 Christmas stockings going to/from and while waiting to see KC and The Sunshine Band. A man at the concert gave me $5 for a stocking :clap. Sun. I made 1 more stocking. I used 5 balls (+5) this weekend :cheer. Now I only have full skeins of red, green, white and 1/2 skein of some Christmas yarn (called Candy Cane :think?) left. It'll be a while before I finish those.

WTD Score: + 5

Ellie 13

Random Acts Of Kindness. Some where at the beginning of the forum there's a list of all the abbreviations. I was confused in the beginning too.

I guess this is getting off topic, but thank you Ellie and Linda for clarifying RAOK.

Alas:(, The FAQ "Terms & Acronyms: Everything you wanted to know but were afraid to ask" falls far short of "all the abbreviations." The only one that I didn't know from that very short list was WIM. No RAOK, RR, or saltine. Maybe that isn't the list you are talking about?

Nuf said. The weather has changed from :hot :sweatto :stormand :2rain. Horrible for gardening, but perfect for returning to :crocheting and busting that stash!

-Marzee

Marzee Saltines is a pretty new term started by the quilt making people in the Every Happy house CAL! Feel free to ask anything, there are no silly questions around here. :D

Well I finally busted that neverending ball of thread for +2 :yay now I'm starting another one :sigh

seem to be making a purchase every time i use up a skein , but i guess it's better than being in the hole:D

WTD = 0

Lynn - You are doing good if you are only buying one skein for every one skein you use up. Now if you start buying 3 to 1, that's when the trouble begins. lol:devil

:bang my hand is taking soooooo long to heal :rant

:crocheting I couldn't wait any longer so I have been working very slowly but steadily to crochet anyway because I am going to get this afghan done to donate for my son's band silent auction. :P

Last night I finished up 2 more skeins and now I will let my hand get un-swollen again before I attempt the last 2 skeins. :yes

Is this what they mean by a labor of love? :think

WTD +4

In the last 2 weeks I've made 6 Christmas stockings and sold 2 :cheer. My full skeins (7 oz.) are going down slowly. I might use enough to get more points by Sat. I was told I should be making Halloween stuff, not stockings. I don't have any orange or black :yarn though. I might have to get some if I get an "official" request for Halloween stuff :(.

Ellie 13

I busted a skein today, but went to two yarn stores with my crochet buddies tonight. I was Soooooo good at the first store, but found exactly what I wanted for another round ripple at the second. I bought 8 skeins. I still think I was good. There was so much beautiful yarn calling me....

Archived