2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finished a skein on the shawl I'm working on. +2 for my WTD. -128 for my YTD. I wonder if I can keep from buying yarn long enough to get back to 0 in my YTD this year????:think

Probably not.:devil:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn

Well I busted 2 skeins today but my parents got here tonight and my Mom informed me she has a box of yarn in the trunk for me :eek don't know how much it is yet I'll have to add it up tomorrow. so +4 for now :heehee

Back from a week's vacation. Took hook and yarn with me, but never had the opportunity to pick it up. Will see what yarn can be busted thru this week to make up for last week.

Great job everyone, mostly positives last week. Although I finished most of 3 hats over the weekend I didn't get any points yet, but I am very close on a few. My new goal is to have all 6 of my big project totes full by fall for craft shows/farmer's market sales. This means that there is a lot of crocheting to do.

I did sprain my ankle Friday night which meant that I had a great excuse to sit and crochet all night. Sadly I wasn't able to do that all weekend or I would be working toward my first medal this year.

appy lover, sorry about your ankle. :eek hope it's not too painful and heals real fast! :hug

finished another skein late last night and rolled a very stubborn skein of knots into a big ball this morning +3 added to score = +5 wtd

Of the 4 skeins of yarn I'm using, 2 are pounders and 2 are 8 oz. (old RH). I :crocheting a lot over the weekend and got to roll the 8 oz.'s (+2) :clap. The 1 pounders are taking forever to use up. By the time I finish this afghan, 1 of the pounders will only 1/2 used (rolled), but the background color should be used by Sat. I just hope I don't need to get more.

WTD Score: + 2

Ellie 13

Ok let me see if I can keep this all straight. :lol

I got 12 huge cones of various size yarns from my Mom for -24,

bought 2 skeins of "I love this Cotton" today for -4

total -28

I used 3 skeins +6 and I have +22 points in skeins of yarn to send out

total +28

= 0 :lol

OK... I lost the bet, but I have a REALLY good excuse for buying yarn! (No, really)

I came upon a HUGE lot (184 skeins) of awesome yarn-snob yarns (never used anything for acrylic) that I just had to buy. I'm SHARING some of it... because I am that kind of generous, so my points WILL go back... (not all of them). I unloaded all of this from a lady that just wanted it OUT OF THERE... and it was beautiful!

(BTW, if anyone needs Fat Quarters, yards and such for quilting, let me know... I've got a CONNECTION for you)...

So, 184 labeled skeins

6 unlabeled skeins

9 balls of yarn...

= 190x2 + 9 = 389 points I need to deduct...

Minus the 4 points I have in my WTD, and that leaves me with a WTD of -385 :lol

Where's NGHT when you need her? :rofl

Krystal, I have been stalking ebay for fat quarters! I just started sewing the last couple of weeks, you may have seen my recent post or two. Anyway if you can please send me a PM and share the place/person who know of? :)

Michaels (another one) had additional/different yarn on clearance

So I back in the negatives again for this week

Purchased 10 skeins = -20, busted a skein and rolled a ball

So far this week I am at -17 ......

Please no more Michaels :devil

Krystal your score had me looking like this :eek

rolled :yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn small balls and boxed up 9 skeins of "funky" yarn to RAOK someone.

so the total added to my +5 score is 24 leaving my WTD +29 :yay

I'm busy making any size teal squares for CandEsMom, 12" squares for Croshay's cancer awareness blankets, and Circles Of Hope for Angelfire, so I'm hoping to bust some skeins by Saturday on these quick projects.

Next week's scores will be from working on baby clothes, baby blanket, and a shawl.

DH just got off duty and is sleeping so I'm sharing with you. :D

I found a partial (1/3?) skein of white and rolled it (+1). I think I'll have enough white to finish the afghan now. A friend wanted yarn for her grandmother's knitting group. I gave her a pounder of tan, a skein RH light blue and 3 balls dark blue (+7). I should have more points by Sat.

WTD Score: + 10 :yay

Ellie 13

Archived