2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used up a skein making a baby bonnet and booties. So I am + 6 for the week so far and it's only Monday!

:manyheart

Oh No! :eekI win the bronze last week, and then I go and buy more yarn! :shrug

It was Michael's fault for putting the cotton sugar 'n cream on sale for $1 :devil

I only got 6 skeins though, because I got a call and had to rush to pick up DS :(

That would be -12 for the week but I busted a skein :yarn doing charity squares. :yes

:hook -10

9:

Bought 2 skeins-4

40yd ball-cream+1

Given yarn-6

I bought one skein for a special-order hat & one skein because it was on sale & pretty.-4

I used one ball on a rose pin for the special-order hat & a scrap square.+1

My BIL came by with 2 Walmart bags of yarn from his mother.I sorted some of this,using small bits on scrap projects.The bigger pieces were rolled into balls.-6

I still havemore to go through,so my number will be negative tomorrow.:(

I finally went all out and bought a bunch of Garnstudio yarn from Nordicmart.com (fantastic prices and it was at my house in three days). That put me at -30. Then my aunt gave me nearly a whole skein of her leftover yarn. That was -2. But then I finished a skein! +2 Then someone gave me four skeins -8. So now I am at -38 for the week. Ouch. I don't believe I've ever done that before. However, my consolation is that those 15 skeins are little bitty, so they'll disappear quick.

I used a skein of cotton making cozies. That puts me at -2.

Since I am spending my B-Day alone, I am either going to get in the car and go yarn shopping, or I'm going to yarn shop online.

Well I've just shot my score to **** I bought 14 packs of 10 skeins of handicrafter cotton on sale at Amazon. When that comes in I won't ever get out of the hole. :lol

Well, the storms have passed and I finally got to be online. I used 3 balls and one small skein on charity project. Needed a break from the constant hdc's of the cami I am working on. So +5 for me today. Waiting for a package of yarn (actually 3) so I don't expect to be in the pluses much longer.

Krystal: Thank you for the hints and advice.

I thought my reminders might have helped, but I guess alot of the folks don't go back to read the past week's posts like I did.

Carol, good to see you online again.

I used another skein of yarn on a bag. That puts me back to 0 for the week.

I decided not to yarn shop for my B-0Day today. Too depressed to shop :eek

Maybe tomorrow.

I found a nice ball of pink in my bin and used that to make a baby bonnet tonight. 1 more point for me.

:manyheart

I used a skein of cotton making cozies. That puts me at -2.

Since I am spending my B-Day alone, I am either going to get in the car and go yarn shopping, or I'm going to yarn shop online.

Happy Birthday! Dreams of Yarn! I hope you find some beautiful bargains!:hug:yarn:D

I bought 2 one-pounders (hey my children made me!), one cone of cotton (couldn't let that 50% off coupon go to waste), and 3 skeins of cotton (they just HAD to do a $1 sale didn't they?). So that is -12 bringing me to -9 BUT today I mailed off a big package to Kristy to trade for her chenille so I have to deduct the points for how much I sent... sent +58 in yarn...

new score +52

Of course when Kristy's yarn comes in my score will take a nosedive ROFL!

10:

sort gifted yarn

I did use anything under 41yds,so some didn't count either way.There's a whole skein of Dazzleaire in Shaded Yellows & 2 partial balls of Shaded Lime.I love vintage Dazzleaire!:clap

Now,to get busy bustin' stash!:hook:hook:hook

Never mind about all the cotton the seller claims amazon or the manufactuer put it in wrong so it's only for one skein of cotton :sigh oh well it was a nice dream but I really didn't need to get that far in the hole anyway. :lol

Never mind about all the cotton the seller claims amazon or the manufactuer put it in wrong so it's only for one skein of cotton :sigh oh well it was a nice dream but I really didn't need to get that far in the hole anyway. :lol

Are they cancelling all our orders?

Are they cancelling all our orders?

The sellers e-mail to me said she canceled all orders for this manufactuer but you might want to check with them.

I rolled a skein into a ball for +1 more points.

I made 2 squares to send for a friendship-ghan. 2 (3?) more to go. I used 2 balls (+2). I packed up 2 skeins and 2 partials (+6) to give a friend (will go out by Fri.) :clap. I'm not sure if I'll get much more done by Sat. I'll post my final on Fri. or Sat. morning.

WTD SCORE: + 12

Ellie 13

Hi everyone!

I just got an email from Carol's (HappyOldCro) daughter saying that Carol's computer has crashed and she won't be able to do the score keeping this week.

Would it be possible for someone to take her place? I would, but I am having company this weekend and we will be out and about most of the weekend. It would be greatly appreciated if someone could step in for her.

Thank you!

Archived