2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

I've been crocheting like a mad woman the past few days.

The move has set my rehab back a few months, my internet is still acting up and I can only get online in spurts, and Viv passed away Thursday. It has been a real bad week.

In the move I found my missing bag of cotton scraps so I have been working on my cotton scrap kitchen rug--finally finished the cone of cotton and 10 balls, then used 2 skeins on my DS's 2 strander.

That puts my totals at:

WTD: +24

YTD: +142

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And I have a new pattern that comes from my celebration of using up some skeins finally.

Yes... even pounders come to an end if you make enough doll clothes.:yes

This week + 4

This year -90

:rofl, well that certainly is big, bold and colorful....

:rofl, well that certainly is big, bold and colorful....

Gee that pretty much describes me. :grandma Grey is a colour ... right? :rofl

One of these weeks I might just win and I want you to find my post when it happens.

You tell me to make it big and use colour so you don't miss it - I can do that.:eek

Aaarrrrgggghhh!!! I missed the cut-off time! I spent 6 hours at the pool, got a glorious sunburn, and was too worn out by the time I got home to remember what I needed to do. I'm sorry. So do I start this week at -28, or do I clean my slate and start over at 0?

Aaarrrrgggghhh!!! I missed the cut-off time! I spent 6 hours at the pool, got a glorious sunburn, and was too worn out by the time I got home to remember what I needed to do. I'm sorry. So do I start this week at -28, or do I clean my slate and start over at 0?

Changed it, decided you should keep the honor of Shoot the Moon. So posted your score, start with O next week.

OK, this is the deal. AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH :yell (primal scream).

I have 12 folks who followed the rule.

1 person who admits missing the deadline.

3 people who posted a final, but not the way everyone was told to.

2 of these people had scores that may have been in the medal scoring categories.

1 person who posted at 12:01(one of the original 12) who would have had to have started posting before 12 (but it does take time to type it in).

and 4 people who posted once during the week but not a WE.

also 1 who posted just today. (maybe a newbie?)

Some fit multiple categories....

Who do I make exceptions for? and why? I don't want to be reading a weeks worth of posts trying to figure out what you want me to do :bang. I understand that you all have things to accomplish (as do I), and can't always make posting time. In turn you need to know this is NOT the most fun thing for me to be doing all weekend. Hard as it may be to believe, I am a very compassionate person, and feel bad when I leave someone out. I volunteered to keep score so that the game doesn't go down the tubes, but there has to be limits.

Here is the list and I have included the 3 people who mentioned in the texts that it was their final score (even though it was not posted in the recomended criteria). basjordan I included your score (even though it was late, because it was the Shoot the Moon winner) so start the week with a 0. I didn't want you to loose the honor.;)

Dreams of Yarn +24 GOLD

Schmetterling +19 SILVER

Itzhunic +15 BRONZE

Yarncat +13

Ellie13 +9

Legalwoman +6

CLLinda +5

Krystal16 +5

darski +4

HappyOldCro +3

walker 1021 +2

lpgeorge123 0

needlearts 0

yarnmonkey -5

slksnell -5

hseger -9

Ankh -21

basjordan -28 SHOOT THE MOON

THANK YOU FOR ALL THE FOLKS WHO MADE LIFE EASIER DOING IT THE WAY ALL MY REMINDERS HAVE ASKED. YOU ARE PLEASURES TO WORK WITH. SORRY TO THOSE WHO MISSED THE FINAL LIST.

{darski, may I borrow the saying in your siggy line? that is how I am feeling right now...:lol.}

This is the absolutely, positively, utterly last week for any exception of any kind.

12:00 midnight EST on your final post, in the text of the post, in the following format, BIG, BOLD & COLORED, WTD____ YTD____.

PS: we could make it that the shoot the moon winner has to take the next week to keep score, and go up the list for backups. Might be a good motivation to bust not buy. And also give everyone a shot at seeing what score keeping is like?

:hug :hug :hug to all, even though I am feeling frustrated :thair.

Carol, great job :clap:clap

Stick to your guns. YOU are the scorekeeper. YOU set the rules.

The rules are clear. If they don't post their score correctly buy they deadline set by YOU, their score isn't counted. Period !!!

The rules aren't hard....post in big bold colorful letters and numbers by midnight Saturday .

I finished off a skein today! start my week off positive. Hope I can stay that way but I think I have to buy a skein to work on my pinwheel quilt with :( hope that's all I have to buy.

Ha, I've still been trying to get mine in by 8pm EST. Midnight's a bit easier, especially on weekends we have the kids! Thanks for all your hard work, Carol!! :hug

So far this week, I've used up a ball of red and a skein of blue on my afghan, so +3 so far. Too bad I know this isn't going to last- tomorrow we're headed to Walmart and I need more yarn for my ghan. :blush I swear, one of these days I will be positive again!!! :yes

Carol, great job :clap:clap

Stick to your guns. YOU are the scorekeeper. YOU set the rules.

The rules are clear. If they don't post their score correctly buy they deadline set by YOU, their score isn't counted. Period !!!

The rules aren't hard....post in big bold colorful letters and numbers by midnight Saturday .

Thanks again for doing this for us. Thank you for keeping the game open. Stick with the rules.

Starting the week out great. Polished off two skeins of cotton last night making a potholder and a ornament angel for the fair. +4 and it's only Sunday!

:manyheart

HOC we so love and value you for what you are trying to do here and you do get to set the rules.

Given all the challenges we will even give you some Free Hall Passes in case you ever miss a mark just because you are so great to put up with us. :hug

Do what makes it easiest for you. We have all been warned and we can't claim ignorance.

Do feel free to borrow my tagline. The best ones travel well.

:blush:blush

I was worried about coming back in, thought there would be a ton of gripes.

Was ready to call it quits. Thank you for your support. So the rules stand, and next week will be easier (right...:lol).

Hope you all are getting through the crazy weather OK. (Maybe it's all the heat and being trapped inside that is getting to me, :think). And thanks again..

:hug:manyheart:hug

You are a great group :yes, even if no one else wants to keep score, :D...

basjordan -28 SHOOT THE MOON

PS: we could make it that the shoot the moon winner has to take the next week to keep score, and go up the list for backups. Might be a good motivation to bust not buy. And also give everyone a shot at seeing what score keeping is like?

:hug :hug :hug to all, even though I am feeling frustrated :thair.

Dear HappyOldCro,

Thank you for allowing me the great honor of shoot the moon, even when I didn't deserve any recognition, since I was late posting. If you want, I will try to post scores this time, as my "reward" :eek for shoot the moon. And I promise to try harder in the future.

Thanks for putting up with us. :hug

Dear HappyOldCro,

Thank you for allowing me the great honor of shoot the moon, even when I didn't deserve any recognition, since I was late posting. If you want, I will try to post scores this time, as my "reward" :eek for shoot the moon. And I promise to try harder in the future.

Thanks for putting up with us. :hug

Thank you, I appreciate the offer. I think I will be OK with it now :yes, I believe it was not only the score keeping thing, but a combo of cabin fever, extreme heat :sweatand some of my own personal (family medical type) things :blush.

However, I do some craft fairs (only 3 to 4 times a year), most of which are Saturdays, but there is one that is 2 days both Sat and Sun. I haven't decided whether I want to do it yet, but if I do, I will probably be calling out for a scorekeeper that weekend :eek:lol.

I apologize to all for making such a fuss, but I really was feeling frustrated :(.

I feel so silly....it really was not grownup behavior on my part at all...

:blush:blush:blush:blush:blush

All said and done, back to crocheting....

Cro -

I don't know if it will help you any or not, but this is what I did. Feel free to use what you want or disregard if it's not helpful.

When I would get to keeping the score, I would start from the LAST post and work backwards. I would have the C'Ville screen up as well as a WordPad Screen. Then I would type the names, in order of their score as I went through the posts backwards. If I couldn't skim it fast and come up with the score, I wouldn't count it. I would go back until about Friday Morning's posts and that was that (because some people would post from work). If I got to an earlier week posting that someone had made, I would disregard it as the newer one would be more relevant. As for the cutoff, as long as they posted BEFORE I did, I would count their score. (It was easier to not have to read posting dates :lol) If they posted after me, they were out of luck for the posting, but I would have them reset their score anyway.

I would make exceptions for the time, as long as they posted before I was ready to tally, but I would not make exceptions for the size/color of the font because no way was I goign to read all the posts to figure out what you meant.

HTH

:D

-4 starting out the week. Lol! And I might just add a couple more points since a sale is going on over in my neck of the woods. But I'm working down the stash as I go, so at least there is yarn turnover. :rofl

Well goodbye positive start to the week. :blush Went to Michaels and bought 6 skeins of Sugar n Cream for a that pineapple-looking top from Crochet Today (hopefully that's enough... I'm going based on the pic b/c my issue hasn't gotten here yet :angry) so there went 12pts and then I went across the parking lot to Walmart and bought two more skeins for my 'ghan and now I'm down 18, plus my 3 for what I used up yesterday, so I'm at -15 so far. I'm not sure I can recover from that by Saturday!! :think

It :rain 3 days last week (Wed. - Fri.). I used 3 small balls (+3) making turtles. Since Sat. it has been :hot. Sat. I went to A.C. Moore to get stems for flowers and eyes for the turtles. Somehow a Caron pounder got into my basket too (-2). When I got home I started making squares and used up 3 more balls (+3). I just love small balls :lol. The free concert series starts this Sat. and I always take my :crocheting. I'll try to post before I leave on Sat.

WTD Score: + 4

Ellie 13

Archived