2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*sigh* I'm two more points in the hole. Bought yarn yesterday, to finish off a baby afghan. But I'm mostly done with a small ball, so this week might take care of those two negative points. Lol!

Thank you Happy Old Crow for taking over! I wish that I could have volunteered to help, I might be able to later in the year if someone needs a break. Summers are hard for me.

I didn't get posted last week, but finished up at -2. This week I am at zero...I was gone all weekend and had stuff from work to do when I had time. The price I paid for a day off. I am very close to finishing off some skeins on current projects though...watch out for me this week, if all goes well I might just be the sleeper candidate. :hook Congrats to all who finished in the positives last week! Happy hooking this week.

I got my arm out of the sling on Thurs. :yay. I got an elastic hand/wrist "fingerless glove" thing, but still needed the bandage for my elbow. I got some :crocheting done, used 3 balls :clap. I went to work on Fri. and did O.K. I don't need the bandages, just the glove now. I'll try it without the glove tomorrow. I didn't get to post on Sat. because the library was closed all weekend :eek. I'll add my points to this week.

WTD Score: + 3

Ellie 13

Listen, if it weren't for high prices at the stores, I don't think I'd have any points here :lol

Gave 7 more skeins to the customer who's making bed dolls for her DD for +14

STILL have that runner to sew together, an Aztec Sun 1/3 finished and a million other things on the list! But, I've been preoccupied with work of course, painting the living room in prep for the new furniture and putting together candle making kits... there just aren't as many hours in the day as there used to be! :think

Steph - You did not cause any trouble at all. Every few weeks someone comes along with the same issues, so you certainly didn't cause any hard feelings.

Thanks Krystal. I really appreciate that. I'll try it again. If I still can't get it this week, then I may just give up. :think

Honestly, I know this is being mean, but it takes SO LONG to hunt for everyone's squares that I only skimmed every post looking for big and bold scores. If you didn't do that with your scores, it got ignored completely. When I did it, I would go back until Thursday evening to make sure no on posted their WTDs back that far.

HappyOldCro should not have to sit and actually read over 150 posts from one week to the next to see if someone posted their scores. If people want their scores counted, they have to put them in the correct format at the correct time. She's doing this for the fun of it, so it shouldn't be a misery.

And we are all very happy that she is doing this for us. Let's make her job easier and post only final numbers in the big type.

:manyheart

As of yesterday, I just received 4 skeins of LB Cotton Ease from my Kit & Kaboodle swap

I've used 2 Skeins of TLC Cotton for a shawl

+4

WTD = +4 YTD = +94

I used 2 more balls (+2). I'm only working 1 job now, so I have more :crocheting time. My hand is so much better now. I worked almost 3 hrs without the glove :clap, maybe I'll get through the whole day tomorrow (6 1/2 hrs). I'm going to ride my bike tomorrow, if the weather is good.

WTD Score: + 5

Ellie 13

busted a skein making a shawl +2 and rolled two balls from my "forgotten stash" another +2 so I've got +4 for the week so far

Wow, I missed alot. Yesterday was my birthday and I wasn't on last night or today (until now) so I am sorry I didn't get to help anyone. As far as I am concerned, it's all settled. No one needs to leave the thread. We all make mistakes and I am no exception. We need to remind all newcomers to check out the first few pages for the rules and that the deadline is now midnight Saturday (it used to be 9pm, but midnight is the end of the day and gives late nighters a few extra hours).

You can post on Friday or earlier if you need to as long as it says WTD and the number in bold big colored digits. In case you are not sure how to do that, just click on the "Go Advanced" button under the box you type in, and it will take you to another screen where you can pick Bold, Size and Color options. Highlight the letters/numbers you want to change and pick the option you want. When done click save, and you are done.

No need to color or change Size if it is not a final for the week.

Hope this helps.

Thank You Mel and Krystal for helping to explain what the rules were, and thank you everyone else for your support and comments.

This is an open forum, so I expect people to be forthcoming with their concerns, and hopefully like reasonable adults we can come together with a good solution, but the rules have been ongoing for awhile, and we have to have a common ground to support this thread.

Let's just bust stash (or stash more ? :lol) whatever we need to do to make life and crocheting/knitting more pleasant. What's past is past, back to the hook and book again....:ghug.

Found two balls of yarn in the closet (as I cleaned it today) so I used them to make a baby hat. My first points of the week!

It is hard when using bigger skeins to get any points.

The yellow afghan is going to be very pretty. I am really enjoying it.

I busted a skein today. I can't change my siggy for somereason so I'll have to try to remember to try to do that later. +2 for a wtd of +7 :yay

I busted a skein today. I can't change my siggy for somereason so I'll have to try to remember to try to do that later. +2 for a wtd of +7 :yay

Heather, the pic in your Avatar, I saw that book in Epatterns as an e-book. I really didn't want to buy another book, but it is so beautiful. Can you tell me if it was hard to do, before I buy it?:think

I finished off a skein today, which would give me 4 points, but then I bought two skeins to make a nice vest for my mom as my dad goes through chemo and radiation treatments, so I'll probably end up with a zero for the week.

But I do have two days, So I have to see how much on the "Blue Skies" Jacket from the new Crochet magazine I can get done at Crochet/knitting group tomorrow.

Maybe I'll get a point or two. And I did so well last week. Just depends on the week, I guess.

:manyheart

Well, after finishing up a ball of Autumn Red and a skein of Off-White on my Wedding Ring afghan (+3), I had to buy more today at Walmart. So after a purchase of 5 skeins, I had to add a -10 to my score, so I'm at -3 for the week. :blush

I need to get my :hook in gear so I can at least break even on Saturday! Two weeks in a row of a negative score is enough already! :crocheting:crocheting

Archived