2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Working on a beaded bra for belly dance class. I did'nt finish up any balls this week but I also didn't buy or inherit any either :woo

0 WTD 3 YTD

NiYa :yarn

It looks like I just might win Shoot the moon this week.

Reminds me of "always the bridesmaid and never the bride"

:rofl

Bring out the confetti folks... :fame

I've had the hook flying and almost missed the cutoff time :blush

I am putting the finishing touches on my latest bag. I'm rather proud of this one.....no pattern :D

I only got to bust 2 more skeins, so that leaves me in the negative for the week.

WTD: -4

YTD: +92

Oh well, there is always next week :crocheting

Great job getting the scarf done, CLLinda! I know it's hard to get some projects done so it feels all the better to get a "boring" one done. :)

I finished up my boring scarf, and then made a double strand hat, so i used up 6 points worth of yarn!

I would have had 18 points this week, but I bought 3 skeins!

wtd=+12 ytd=+82!

It's been a good week for me.

Happy Memorial Day, everyone!

:manyheart

Thanks, Keesha. I think because I was Knitting, and it was just the knitting stitch back and forth on circular needles, that it was just a killer project to get done.

I am glad it's done, and now I can start something else! I bought some light yellow "I love this Yarn" on sale last week, and I'm looking for a new pattern to try.

New postings for WE 5/24 (wanted to post earlier, but had company show up for breakfast).

Yarncat +15 Gold

CLLinda +12 Silver

Tie for Bronze hseger +11

Schmetterling +11

raelynn +8

itzhunic +6

needlearts +6

jeannie1205 +6

Laurawithchild +5

Ellie13 +5

HappyOldCro +5

slksnell +4

Krystal16 +4

lpgeorge123 +2

basjordan 0

nght 0

Ankh 0

econ nerd -4

Dreamsofyarn -4

KellyA -6

2kute -10

Yarnmonkey -11

darski -20 SHOOT THE MOON (it's all yours darski)

Ok, we can reset our siggys now. Hope I didn't miss anyone.

For anybody who didn't make the deadline or missed posting, use your figures towards the new WE date, 5/31.

Happy Memorial Day to All :earth, eat :fork:spoon :knife and drink :soda in moderation and :drive drive safely.

econ nerd -4

Dreamsofyarn -4

KellyA -6

2kute -10

Yarnmonkey -11

it had to come sometime.

:fame :fame :fame

New postings for WE 5/24 (wanted to post earlier, but had company show up for breakfast).

Yarncat +15 Gold

CLLinda +12 Silver

Tie for Bronze hseger +11

Schmetterling +11

raelynn +8

itzhunic +6

needlearts +6

jeannie1205 +6

Laurawithchild +5

Ellie13 +5

HappyOldCro +5

slksnell +4

Krystal16 +4

basjordan 0

nght 0

Ankh 0

econ nerd -4

Dreamsofyarn -4

KellyA -6

2kute -10

Yarnmonkey -11

I did not make it back online yesterday to put an update, but I ended the week at -3.

For this week, I've busted 3 skiens, but I also had to buy 1 more because I did not have enough brown to finish the RR I'm working on. We'll see how the rest of the week goes. Hopefully, I can end the week on a positive note!

I have busted through 2 skeins today :clap +4

I've moved most of my yarn to the new apartment and I was shocked to see it all together. I have a lot more yarn than I thought I did. Hopefully Hilly will give me her bookcase to help me organize it. It is too big for her room if she wants a computer stand in there......at least that is what I keep telling her :lol

I found a pattern to start today. I'm using a very pretty yellow and the pattern is alternating v stitches and shells. I'm working on the third row. It's called Buttercup by "I love this yarn"

The guys went to the ballgame, so I have peace and quiet to work on my afghan.

Ok, we can reset our siggys now. Hope I didn't miss anyone.

For anybody who didn't make the deadline or missed posting, use your figures towards the new WE date, 5/31.

Happy Memorial Day to All :earth, eat :fork:spoon :knife and drink :soda in moderation and :drive drive safely.

I was missed in the list and I posted on time. Not a huge deal though - I wouldn't have won any awards this week, haha. Just thought I would point it out. Happy Memorial Day everyone.

I was missed in the list and I posted on time. Not a huge deal though - I wouldn't have won any awards this week, haha. Just thought I would point it out. Happy Memorial Day everyone.

When you post your scores on Saturday, it is easier to see that it is a weekly total if you put WTD and your score in big, bold letters and numbers.

When you post your scores on Saturday, it is easier to see that it is a weekly total if you put WTD and your score in big, bold letters and numbers.

I put a giant blue +2 in my post.

Actually, it looks like a few people who posted before me got missed as well. But like I said, no big deal. If I had an award I would have been fighting for the recognition! :lol

It is a lot easier for the person posting the scores to see the scores in big bold numbers with wtd also. There are quite a few people that post updates all day Saturday, so if you don't have either wtd or a say that your ending score for the week is ___, it may get missed. It is a huge job to be score poster, and anything we can do to make it easier on them I'm sure they appreciate.

Just trying to help you out so you don't get missed :D

Just busted through a skein of cotton making a washcloth and matching facecloth. Now I need to write the pattern out. That puts me at +10.

I overdid it today moving all my totes of yarn and now I am paying for it. I can't sleep because of the pain, and the meds aren't working. Looks like I might be having a night of crocheting :crocheting

Well, I used up that forty-some odd inches of Jelly Yarn, I think on May 15.

Then my computer crashed on May 16. :cry I managed to persuade a cantankerous old laptop to function well enough to get online and that's when I discovered that I'd forgotten my password because I've been using a password manager. :blush Arrgh! Anyway, I finally got my password reset, so I can post now. :yay

Mind you, it didn't help that I also spent the entire week fighting off a cold. :sick

Anyway, I suppose that Jelly Yarn should count as +1 for this week, since I couldn't post it sooner. I'll try to get more yarn used up.

Yay, I tied for bronze!

Unfortunately I got off to a bad start this week already. My Big Lots restocked for the first time in about two months. They had beautiful Paton's Brilliant and Paton's Be Mine. I bought 4 and 2, respectively. Yikes! I would have bought more had I actually had a carry basket and not just one hand free (other hand had my cane and the right hand already was holding a package of the note cards I went in for).

So I'm starting in the negatives this week...

Archived