2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

used up one skein on my yellow bearghan. I still have a long long way to go

so Im now -62 wtd and -47 ytd

3 skeins at dollar tree called my name so I brought them home with me.

I think dollar trees should be sound proofed, ;). I have one right by my bank, at the yarn always calls to me. I have to close my eyes and put my fingers in my ears, but sometimes even that doesn't work. :lol

I finished 3 more balls of cotton making kitchen sets for graduation gifts. 3 more gifts to complete before next weekend, but I will get there. All but one are started. Ohhh shoot, I just remembered I stopped at LYS and bought 4 hanks. It was so cool she showed me how to use the winder to make balls from the hanks. I know I cannot count them as "balls" since they are still brand new, but it was pretty fun. Shoot, I was thinking I was ahead this week, I must have been blocking that out. I got them to have options for my summer scarf in the swap. I already started a scarf out of my stash, but then it wasn't exactly the right color....hopefully I will have enough to make a couple small baby gifts with the extra. Two of them were a lovely alpaca and the other two were a berraco pink cotton that has a really pretty sheen to it. If I'm going to cheat at leaste I bought the good stuff.

Sadly it puts me back in the negatives....darn I thought I was going to stay positive this week.

I have no problem with the post time being midnight Sat. (I use the library computer, they close at 5 PM Sat.). I'm having a hard time :crocheting with my left hand bandaged and in a sling. I had 3 days off and I only used 2 small balls since Tues. night (+2) :sigh. I'm feeling a lot better so maybe I'll get some more done by Sat.

WTD Score: + 5

Ellie 13

Finished off a skein of cotton making a washcloth. So I'll be adding a couple more points today.

:manyheart

I've been a bad girl this week. Took Hilly to WM and 5 skeins of yarn and 2 cones of cotton yarn jumped in the cart. Then today I went to HL and I had to rescue the 2 stranded skeins in the clearance bin. Then I turned the corner and saw some new ILTY...they have holiday yarn....and bought 1 skein to try out. If it fuzzes up after being worked up and is being used, I'm done with ILTY.

So, that gives me -20. I've used up 3 skeins so far, so that puts me at -14. I guess I better get my hook flying.

I'm knitting (Eeek) a sideways scarf to use up a skein of yarn. You cast on 106 stitches and then just keep going back and forth until the skein is gone (leaving just enough yarn to cast off)

The pattern was on a skein of Bright and Lofty and a lady in my group has made up a couple so far to use up this yarn, so I figured I could use up a skein of homespun using the same technique. I'm about half way done and it's so boring. I have learned how to use circular needles, which makes things easier. It's not like using broomsticks any more. 14 inch needles are just so awkward for me to use.

So I'm using up my stash and someone will get a nice scarf to keep warm this winter.

I am making some little angels out of a leftover ball, so that will make another point for me.

Also, making an ornament (little wreath) for the county fair. Using a double strand, so that will help too.

Going home for the weekend so I probably won't get any more done (ugh going home to relax and we are just gonna be busy busy all weekend) so I better post my score of +5 today so I don't forget!!! Hope yall have fun this weekend!!!!

1 more ball gone on my third fleece blanket. I joined a few Cals and have some charity stuff to work on, so I am hoping once blankies are done I can really get on to some serious stash busting. Going through more tubs today, to see what I can use.

Kim, that beach bag is adorable, I love the pattern you are using. What pattern are you making Mel?

Hi Carol. This is the pattern I am using.

I started it yesterday evening and I am almost done. I did modify it a little. I made the strap a little shorter and then I went to grab another skein of yarn for the drawstring and I am out of that color :eek

So I had to drop back, punt and find a solid color to match the variegated.

I've done so good this week, but it's not meant to continue. :blush

My DSIL found 6 BRAND NEW skiens of yard at a yard sale for me for $.25/each!!!! How could I say no? :think:yay:clap

So -12 for, which makes my score -3. :blush Oh, well!

Archived