Groove-Along

JulieKay

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:woo I GOT IT DONE :woo

:clap:cheer for me!! :cheer:clap

( I have to confess...I bought a sewing machine yesterday and got really motivated to complete 2 projects...this being priority of course!!)

Here's a pic...

th_010.jpg

I love it! That is great! Now I want one to carry all my stuff in!!

Crissie.. the bag is way cool! I love the lining fabric too! Groovy colors! I am doing a babette inspired afghan.... It will be somewhat the same idea... but I am incopporating a design in it! I can't wait to see what it will look like. Does anyone elso have that when they maybe design something yourlelf.. and you wander the whole time that your making it if it will look anything like the picture you have in your head??? LOL! Too Funny!

Is anyone using less colors than the pattern calls for on the Babette. I thought about using around 8 or 9 colors and just doubling them up. What do yall think?

I'm using about ten colors and am mixing them up. So far I have not two squares that are the same. I think it just takes a bit more planning to keep them all different. I also do not have the pattern and am kind of winging it based on the pictures I have seen online of finished Babettes. I still have about half of the four rounds to do and most of the two rounders left to do. I write out all the colors that I am planning and then cross them off as I make them. For example with the four rounds I am doing a bunch with two rounds in one color and the last two in another color. I am also doing some with four different colors. If you take a few minutes to write down all you combinations it makes it easier. I also used short hand for the colors to save time.

Is anyone using less colors than the pattern calls for on the Babette. I thought about using around 8 or 9 colors and just doubling them up. What do yall think?

I saw pics of some people using ONE color! The consensus on that one was using a second color for some depth to show up the design of the square would have been better.

Anything seems to go for this pattern (not that I've even thought about starting mine yet - too many UFO's:blush)

Looking for the Babette pattern and can't find a copy of Interweave Crochet Spring 2006?? Then you'll be happy to know that they have it for sale as a PDF file for $6.00 on their website.

http://shop.interweave.com/store/Babette-Blanket-P235C24.aspx?src=KE011408e

There is a site selling the magazine - if she has any left - it's called "YarnMarket", if I remember correctly.

Thanks! :day

I am using a combination of RedHeart Supersaver :yarn :yarn and Caron Perfect Match :yarn :yarn (I like the Caron yarn better...seems to be softer :yes )

I'm using 12 colors, some of my 4 rounds have the first 2 rounds one color and the outer 2 rounds are 2 colors., some are 4 colors. I've also made a couple 6 rounds and 8 rounds, and used a different color for each round. It is a :think thinking game though!! Each square is a work of art!!

I did make a graph b/c I'm attempting to make a coverlet for a queen bed, and wanted to have an idea of how to lay it out and how many of each size I would need.

I will scan it in today and post it on my blog, if anybody wants to use it your welcome too.

I like working on this because with each finished square, you feel like you have accomplished something!! :crocheting:clap:cheer:crocheting

I updated my blog with what i've done so far, and i put the graph in there too...but i can't make it clickable so it will enlarge to full size...how do i do that?? Its in photobucket, and i tried the "clickable html..." but its not working :(

I updated my blog with what i've done so far, and i put the graph in there too...but i can't make it clickable so it will enlarge to full size...how do i do that?? Its in photobucket, and i tried the "clickable html..." but its not working :(

use the link in the box marked for MySpace, etc - not the one for message boards - and see if that works.

Sorry the magazine was sold out:(

use the link in the box marked for MySpace, etc - not the one for message boards - and see if that works.

Thanks for the suggestion...I did, but it didn't work...i put a new thread out under "Blogs" Maybe somebody has run into this problem before and can offer some advice.

Just checking in. I haven't worked on mine for a while until this morning (dogs woke up me too early and couldn't get back to sleep, what better way to use time:clap). But this month I'll work on it, money's a little tight this month and that will allow me to finish up somethings and work on this Babette.

I'm using a variety of colors. I don't remember how many. I'm just making the squares as I come to them. No thought, no rhyme, no reason:lol. Well okay, when I put them together I'm not doing the same color side by side. And I'm not doing one 2 round with the same color, each will have 2 colors. So some reason behind it but not much. That's been fun for me. And hard. I've had to do an 8 round and I looked at some of my 4 round ones to see if I could add on to one. But that's okay. If I have to I can start a new square:yes.

Debbi

Phew....luckily, I didn't have to frog it all...like I had planned on doing. My problem was that I just needed to strettttcccccccccchhhhhhh out one square a bit longer!!

Here's my progress on sections 1 - 6....

th_004.jpg

Phew....luckily, I didn't have to frog it all...like I had planned on doing. My problem was that I just needed to strettttcccccccccchhhhhhh out one square a bit longer!!

Here's my progress on sections 1 - 6....

th_004.jpg

AWESOME!:clap

AWESOME!:clap

I agree! It's looking great. :clap. I also had to stretch some of mine to fit. And probably will again.. I'm working on Section 5 and attaching it. Looking at yours, mine is going to be one bright babette:lol. But that's fine, I like the way just about all of them turned out (even the solid color one on Flickr).

Debbi

Archived