Sparkley Christmas Ornaments - Free Pattern

Glee

I designed this pattern using Patons Brilliant yarn, it's sparkley! :D I made the top out of metallic embroidery floss and a really tiny hook. That took tons of patience but I think it was worth it. It looked really plain so I glued on some Swarovski crystal rhinestones in a zig zag pattern around the top.

I put the pattern in a PDF, if anyone wants to make one, you can download the pattern here: http://www.gleefulthings.com/patterns/ornament.html. You can make it with any yarn really, you just need to adjust your hook size accordingly so that your stitches are tight.

2085218118_3aae5236c0.jpg

close up of the top:

2085218270_b69799a7b9_m.jpg

I'm glad everyone likes them!! I'd love to see pics if anyone makes any :D

• 4 weeks later...

I sure wish I'd seen these BEFORE Christmas -- that'll teach me to check these boards more often ;). I just purchased several balls of Paton's Brilliant in Red when it was on clearance. Now I know why! Thanks for sharing the pattern (which downloaded perfectly, by the way).

Definately on my list of makes for Christmas next year.

Our family only "buy" for the nieces and nephews in a secret santa system because their are just to many of them and it becomes too expensive.

But I always give each family a little something, like photos of my children or a handmade Christmas decoration for their tree - so I can start early for next year. Thank you..

Archived