Holiday yarn?

Is anyone else having trouble finding it at the stores? I'm not looking for anything fancy even....Red Heart makes some and so does Caron. I've been to Walmart and Joann...neither of them have any. I'm specifically looking for white with silver sparkle...which I'm pretty sure is made by Red Heart. But anyhow, I was wondering if anyone else was having the same problem?

I just got Red Heart Holiday yarn at Wal-Mart. They had burgandy, green and aran w/ gold tinsel in it .. then they had green red and white with silver tinsel in it. it was affordable and I am making stockings and tree skirts out of it..

:hug

Oh one thing about Walmart.. (and this is odd!!) Their Christmas yarn is not in the craft dept.. it is in the Christmas isles on an end cap. I just found this out. All the "holiday related craft items" are in the seasonal isles usually on the end caps, "more people do crafts related to holidays then year round" they are allowed X amount of isles for crafts, but allowed more isles for seasonal items.

:manyheart

Don't know if this is what you want, but Wal-Mart does have the fluffy Christmas white/silver again. Love that stuff and have a bag of snowflakes made from it that never quite got into their afghan last year.

Bernat has a baby yarn with shiny thread shot through it. It isn't silver, but it looks nice in angels. Also, I just bought one skein of Jo-Ann Sensations Stellina in their clearance aisle. The band says "cream", but it looks pretty white with pearl to me.

Depending on your area, you should be looking for the yarn around the middle to the end of October if you need a lot of it, because it's limited edition, so the store won't stock a lot of it, and it tends to get bought up pretty quickly.

Walmart has Red Heart Holiday, which may or may not be located in the craft department. It'll be on an end cap for sure, whether it's in crafts or the seasonal department.

JoAnn's has Bernat Holiday, but it's a cotton yarn, not acrylic. That, too, will be on an end cap.

I haven't seen any Caron holiday yarn at any store I've gone to.

walmart is a good place to buy it but at my walmart, it's always on an endcap and they only have like 2 boxes of it. i'm guessing you have to buy it EARLY (i saw it in sept/oct). i'm guessing they don't get any more in after that.

i just bought plain red and green yarn for the stockings i made last year.

It was at my WalMart in a small box on the floor of the fabric aisle, which I rarely cruise. I asked why not across the isle in the yarn dept? She didn't work in that dept., yadda yadda. :thair I told her I had been looking for something Christmas (Holiday) for weeks. Bought 19 skeins of that and RHSS to match so I'll have it for next year. :clap

Archived