Opinions needed please! *UPDATED - PATTERN Post 1*

CrisKad

Hi everyone! So I was looking through granny square hat patterns and I saw many that had granny squares around the head, but the top of the hat was worked in the round. I didn't like that much and decided to play with the idea of a hat made soley with grannies.

Its all finished, but I'm not quite sure if I like it. I'd like some opinions if you don't mind...what you like/dislike/would change, etc.

The pics are on my blog.

http://craftychristina.blogspot.com/2007/11/granny-square-hat.html

Here's the pattern, like I promised!

http://craftychristina.blogspot.com/2007/11/soley-granny-squares-hat-pattern.html

i like it and i don't mind the black. i think any color that would match the winter jacket of who's going to be wearing it would be best.

i have a black jacket and this would look fine. and i love pink :)

Thanks so much you guys! I feel much better about the hat now! My DH told me I was over-analyzing it, LOL.

I'm doing a fundraiser at my DD's school, so since you all approve, I will do a few of these for the fundraiser!

Thanks for the comments about my little goof-ball! She keeps me laughing, for sure!

When I saw your post, I thought I'd be seeing a very square-ish hat with corners poking out from the top.

I was wrong. It looks great. And I think it almost looks better using grannies all over.

The only other suggestion I would make is that flap hats are real big and you might want to try adding 2 more grannies, 1 to each side for another style to sell.

I was going to suggest that too!:yes I would like it either/both ways:hook

I'll be more than happy to write out this simple pattern, and a diagram of the sqaure placements and post it on my blog tomorrow (I have girl scouts tonight with DD, so won't be home til late).

Thanks everyone!

Hi everyone! So I was looking through granny square hat patterns and I saw many that had granny squares around the head, but the top of the hat was worked in the round. I didn't like that much and decided to play with the idea of a hat made soley with grannies.

Its all finished, but I'm not quite sure if I like it. I'd like some opinions if you don't mind...what you like/dislike/would change, etc.

The pics are on my blog.

http://craftychristina.blogspot.com/2007/11/granny-square-hat.html

looked on your website and i enjoyed lookin' at your work. by the way, how long are your scarfs?

joanne

looked on your website and i enjoyed lookin' at your work. by the way, how long are your scarfs?

joanne

Thanks! I love making and sharing!

Hi nana, my scarves vary depending on if it is for a child or adult. But my adult scarves are normally about 70 inches. I like long scarves! For ww yarn that is about 200 chains, and for a chunky yarn it is more like 100.

Archived