Circular Reasoning for Dora- link to pattern in 1st post

darski

Love Dora's new outfit. Couldn't believe the jacket opened out into a circle - a real surprise. I agree with everyone else who would like to see a pattern!!

We all wish that we were as clever as you when it comes to patterns - unfortunately us mere mortals neew to follow a pattern. LOL!!

I'll have to agree with everyone else, so very cool! I don't think it needs sleeves, the 'cowl' part of the circle comes down to her elbows and looks like sleeves. IMHO, sleeves would look silly. Even though I'd need a 2x myself, I may just have to find a design or a doily I could do for myself... It would probably look great with a pair of jeans... :think

Thank you all. It really is an easy thing to do and I do look at doily patterns to see if there is a line - in the right place where you could just do those long chains for the armholes. Originally, I wanted to use the Queen Anne's Lace motif for the centre but I figured I had better use my own ... but I still think that one would be very nice.

I think I still have the notes I wrote while making this (it's force of habit by now) and will post them in OPs. I learned about this technique here at the Ville of course.

I have been working on my green doily ghan - I wonder if I could adapt it into a circle jacket at some point. It might just work... I'll get back to y'all on that one.

:manyheartYou really are talented! I admire all of your patterns. I haven't been able to find the right Dora but I did find a similar sized doll and after Christmas I want to sit down and make up some of your great patterns.

Thank you all. It really is an easy thing to do and I do look at doily patterns to see if there is a line - in the right place where you could just do those long chains for the armholes. Originally, I wanted to use the Queen Anne's Lace motif for the centre but I figured I had better use my own ... but I still think that one would be very nice.

I think I still have the notes I wrote while making this (it's force of habit by now) and will post them in OPs. I learned about this technique here at the Ville of course.

I have been working on my green doily ghan - I wonder if I could adapt it into a circle jacket at some point. It might just work... I'll get back to y'all on that one.

Darski, I thought of this one since it would be super easy to make bigger and you can just skip the one part on each side for the arms.

http://www.angelfire.com/folk/celtwich/NosegayDoily.html

and then I would add a ruffle to it... 2x would be hard then at all.

Archived