Pineapple Butterflies

kreshmaa

I did these for Julz she loves butterflies.. of course i have a bad habit of changing patterns that don't suit me so most of this is a pattern i got off the internet but i just had to change how the wings ended cuz in the pattern they just seemed to stop and i had to finish them.:lol

oh and no Your not seeing things, the back ground in these pics you may have seen before in Julz pics of her work, and you would be correct...giggles the lighting is so much better at her house so i crochet and she takes the pics. thanks Julz :hug

http://www.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/679/679308dd498e0fdcaa9b0b7d31ba47cbe24ef1.jpg

smiles yap it was strang.... you did make the blanket? i wanted to for Jluz but sitting there at work looking at them at 3 am i just couldn't figure out how to put them together to do that. cuz doing as the pattern asked for wasn't going to work after changing the wings... a hint would be great thanks bunches

Julz,

I am curious how u finished off the wings... I love the look of it. I am making pineapple ornaments and would love to try a finishing on the pineapples.

Was the butterflies a pattern found on the web?

Thanks.. Great job.

Julz,

I am curious how u finished off the wings... I love the look of it. I am making pineapple ornaments and would love to try a finishing on the pineapples.

Was the butterflies a pattern found on the web?

Thanks.. Great job.

Sorry sweetie, I didn't make these, Kreshy made them for me and I have no clue how she did it...lol...you'll have to ask her!!

The pattern for these butterflies is found here.

What I did to alter the pattern is in line 14 when it ends I added rows and kept going I think the pattern calls for shell, dc, ch4, dc, shell in the last listed row, I then did a row of shell, dc, shell and then another row of 1/2 shell in one side and 1/2 shell on the other side. It makes sense once you're in the pattern because you just follow the pattern and go to the next logical step.

Mine are shown here on my blog, I'm still attaching the butterflies. I made 35 individual butterflies, I then sewed them together into 7 rows of 5. I now need to attach the 7 rows, but I got a bit burned out.

Hope that helps!

• 4 months later...

Archived