New necklace!

Krakovianka

I've been partially inspired by Heather's recent lovely work.

My secret pal, Lori (The Shrone), sent me a little card of silk thread. It is SO soft and shiny, and I don't think it's a coincidence that she sent my favorite color. I think this thread is meant for embroidery--there were 20 meters wrapped around the card, and my first thought was...jewelry!

I've finally had the time to figure out what I wanted to do, and I've worked on this on and off for the past couple of days. I used almost every inch of the thread! Really, I don't think I cut away any scraps longer than half an inch!

1809287753_3fd7966501_m.jpg1809222657_7d578d7861.jpg

The "i-cord" is about 24 inches long. I don't like chokers and they don't look good on me, so I wanted mine to hang lower (thus demanding more thread). The charm is based on a pattern I found on the internet called "taco chip surprise." http://www.beadwrangler.com/project-taco%20chip.htm The thread circle is about the size of a quarter, with the beads added around the edge.

I had to adapt the pattern a bit for the beads and the amount of thread I had left. :hook

This one is all mine. :yes

Sorry for the sideways pictures. Flickr annoys me.

Thanks--glad you like it!

Maria, the chain is super easy--especially if you've ever tried ami or something like that. You just single crochet in back loop only, around and around and around. I have a ch-5 foundation for this spiral (I've done this with as low as 4 and as many as 8). I just make my chain, close into a circle, and begin to single crochet around (in a spiral--without closing each round). This works well for purse handles, too--felted or not. I've slipped a thin cord inside in the tube to keep handles from stretching, and I've felted these--they come out just plain round.

I actually figured this out on my own a while ago, while trying to figure out a way to make purse handles. I thought I "invented" it, but of course I did not.

What a clever idea on how to use that silk thread! I've been puzzling over it for ages. I have a card of it in a purple shade and now you've sparked my ideas! The touch of beads just makes the whole necklace become outstanding! ~ Lori

:yay:yay:yay

Archived