Join Us for the "ME" CAL!

judianne

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi ladies! Happy Friday!

I just got home from a LONG day at work....2:00 AM-12:30 PM. I had to deal with some extremely rude customers, but all in all, it was a pleasant day. I actually have a lot of fun on Black Friday (I know, I'm a strange one for liking to work on Black Friday). I guess I like the 'controlled chaos' of it all.

I'm off to take a nap. I'll catch up later, just wanted to say HI to everyone.

Hi! I'm home after 6 hours at the Mall of Georgia. Everyone seemed to be in a good mood, with no pushing or rudeness that I saw. The Old Navy Store looked like a whirlwind had hit it. They were having a huge one day only sale with deep, deep discounts on everything. I felt sorry for the employees there who will have to straighten up the mess before tomorrow's shoppers arrive. Most of the rest of the stores were in much better shape.

I'm ready to put my feet up, relax and crochet. Trouble is ready for me to spend some time with her, too. :yes

And I made myself a mini one skein scarf out of a skein I bought today at Joanns (Joann's Angel Hair yarn) The skein didn't make a regular length one skein scarf so I frogged it and redid it at half the length instead. WOW is this yarn yummy and soft :manyheart It's regular $5.99 and I got it for $4 so thought I'd give it a try :D

th_DSC06944.jpg

th_DSC06943.jpg

Karen your projects came out great! :clap:cheer Your 3SUB is fabulous!! :yay

Thanks :hug I really like the pattern - it is so quick and easy (and I have yet to see an "ugly" one)

Karen, that blanket is beautiful! I hope you have sweet dreams under it.

Thanks :hug I hope so too and will let you know tomorrow morning if I did have sweet dreams :lol

Wow, almost 9 pages of posts to catch up on.

I had great but tiring days, this if first time on since day before TG. I crawled up my stairs last night after everyone left, literally crawled.

I was so tired and worn out. But it definitely was worth it all, just to see and hear my youngest laugh and even blush.

I missed inputting my thoughts on being thankful, and would like to share them if you don't mind.

I am Thankful that my son made it through his cancer surgery and got to make the trip here from NY. And that all of us got to get together for the first time in almost 4 years & hubby was still here to see them.

I am grateful that there are people like all of you who are always here for each other

And lastly that I am here to enjoy all of these heaven sent blessings, and the many more that I witness every day.

Krystal I love my caller ID too, but alot of the calls show only unknown, wireless caller or out of area and I am so concerned about missing an emergency call since my family is all over the US.

Tabby The DNC list worked for me, the calls were cut down alot. Did you use the government site to enroll?

I really liked your greeting on post #1456 - Thank You

Cara I once laid the phone down on top of our old noisy washer, and when I picked it back up they were long gone, :lol

That Daisy Duffle is nice, I am very fond of pink and black.

Athba Thank You for your thoughtful wishes to us. I am Christian and our Messiah taught that the most important rule was to treat and love one another as we wish to be treated. To me that is the back bone of respect.

Wendy Your me projects are wonderful, I really admire that granny ripple...

Judy Those colors in your wave are very posh and inviting...

Karen 3 sub looks so cuddly. I just got a skein of Angel Hair in a lot I received today. How wide is your scarf? I wanted to make a scarf from it, but I was going to do a split scarf and want to make sure I have enough.

Well, hope I didn't forget anything, Didn't wake up until 11:30 this afternoon, so I have alot to do tonight. Promised grand daughter from NY I would make some clothes for her new baby doll, and have lots of emails to catch up on.

And haven't had a chance to even start my next ME project.

Carol, it's good to hear from you...and I can see you are truly thankful for so many things. You've been a sweet reminder tonight that we can all find things for which to be thankful, despite the worries and problems that are always a part of life.:hug

Hi ladies! I had a wonderful Thanksgiving and I hope all of you did also. :)

On Thanksgiving evening, I decided to start my ME Shrug. I was going to wait until after Christmas, but all of you, with your gorgeous projects have gotten me motivated! It's all single crochet and I did the first 12 rows. I didn't do any today though. From now on, I'll try to do a couple rows a day until my Christmas gifts and other obligations are done. :yes

I must say though, this yarn is rough ~ probably due to the dye. I'm not going to have it right next to my skin anyway. It's the Red Heart Fiesta Jewel.

Joyce :hook

Karen, your 3SUB and scarf both turned out to be gorgeous! Great job!

I managed to add 6 rows to my daughter's Christmas RR tonight. It's time for bed for me. Nighty-night.

Ta da! I finally get to "officially" join the ME CAL....I went out and bought the yarn for my soft ripple afghan today. Yay! :yay

JoAnn's was having a great sale plus I had coupons. So I got 12 skeins of Vanna's yarn and 4 of Red Heart So Soft (because they were out of the colors I wanted in Vanna's) plus the More Blue Ribbon Afghan book all for $45 dollars! :clap The book alone is usually $25 so I got a great deal!

I've gotten through the first two rows of the first color and I'm almost 1/3 thru the third row but it's looking kind of "ruffly" I'm not sure if it's the pattern I'm using or if all ripples kind of start that way but I'm going to research a couple other patterns and see if I pattern is just wonky.

Good Morning Ladies.

Carol~I did use the government site but it just didn't seem to phase people. :lol And i'm glad you liked my greeting. :manyheart

Karen~Awesome job on the 3SUB & your scarf. Both are beautiful. :cheer

April~What colors are you using? Can't wait to see it. :)

Joyce - rough yarn: wash and lots of fabric softener seems to work for me.

Great news you're starting, too, April! Is it a straigt or RR? SOunds like you have too many stitiches.

Karen the 3sub and he scarf both look great!! Curious: did you use a P or an N hook on the 3sub?

Thanks :hug I used an N hook and did DC all the way. It works up fast :D

Karen 3 sub looks so cuddly. I just got a skein of Angel Hair in a lot I received today. How wide is your scarf? I wanted to make a scarf from it, but I was going to do a split scarf and want to make sure I have enough.

It is about 47 inches long and nearly 4 inches wide (and SOOO soft). I used the one skein scarf pattern from SnB Happy Hooker and started with a chain on 103 instead of 203. There was not enough yarn to do the length in the pattern and shortening it I now have a small ball left over.

Karen, your 3SUB and scarf both turned out to be gorgeous! Great job!

Karen~Awesome job on the 3SUB & your scarf. Both are beautiful.

Hi Everybody,

Just checking in. I've been working 15 hour days and too tired to log on. I will catch up on post probably on Sunday afternoon when my sisters from Alabama leave. I've officially started my 11 days of hooking today. We are celebrating my great niece's 4th bd today. I did finish my "ME" ghan. Will try to take pictures when I get back. Will post them as soon as I can. Talk to you guys later. Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Morning everyone :c9 Boy was I tired. Preparing thanksgiving dinner just for my husband, son and me tired me out. Even though it was just us and no one else I prepared everything. LOL I needed a whole day to recover. LOL Today I only have to do minor running around than I am going to sit down and crochet till my heart content. Everyone crochet projects is beautiful. I can't wait to have my ripple ghan finish but I am a slow poke on big crochet projects but I am moving along. Love you all :manyheart

hello all... I'm with Cheeria..today is my day of rest... I think it's my whole families day of rest even the grandAngel didn't wake until 10 and she's usually the early bird... Not only was it a long day thursday... yesterday I went shopping at 5 AM with my #2 daughter (got lots of good deals on clothes for my grandgirls) then in the afternoon the grandgirls, my daughters and I went to my sister's where we spent a lovely afternoon baking cookies and decorating them... it is so much fun frosting cookies with a 10 yr old, 7 yr old and a 5 yr old... sometimes I think they had more frosting on them.. it got to the point where my sister and I were putting the frosting on and letting them put on the sprinkles and colored sugar..

needless to say I didn't get much crochet done...

Archived