Join Us for the "ME" CAL!

judianne

Well, I just got a call from Rich...first he asked if I was sitting down. Then he calmly informed me next spring I'm going to be a stepgreatgrandmother! I wonder how the grandma to be feels? She's not even 35 sigh...that does it, Judy. I thought the AARP invite was a sign of old age, but this is insane.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, I just got a call from Rich...first he asked if I was sitting down. Then he calmly informed me next spring I'm going to be a stepgreatgrandmother! I wonder how the grandma to be feels? She's not even 35 sigh...that does it, Judy. I thought the AARP invite was a sign of old age, but this is insane.

Wow! And my sister thought she had it bad becoming a grandma at 39 :eek

My Mom was 32 when my sister had her first kid at 15 :eek and 36 when I had the twins at 16. :eek My sisters proof that kids should be tied down & never let out of the house & i'm proof that kids can fall in love and responsibly have a family. Yes, we are very different. :yes

Kathy~I wish her the best of luck. :manyheart

Megan

I am so very sorry for your lose...i lost one at 16 weeks so i know how hard it is to talk and be around other people for awhile...please take care :hug

I did good today...i got 23 rows done on my ripple and 3 squares done on my homespun blanket :cheer.I should have photos for photo Friday :hook.

Megan, I'm so sorry for you loss. It's so hard when you want one so badly and try so hard. We're here for you. My thoughts and prayers are with you both. :hug :hug :hug

Our power was out most of today, so I haven't been on. I've done two rows on the scarf and think I might work on it a bit more tonight.

Hi Ladies. I got home from work today and had to lay down for a while. My back is killing me again. While I was trying to get comfortable, I had to fight off my 2 cats. They decided they wanted to lay with me. One had to lay on me, and the other decided he wanted to sprawl out and hog the bed.

Going to turn on the heating pad now, grab my hook and shawl, and see how much I can get done on it. When I get mine done, I have another one to make. :hook

Mel, I feel for you, back pain can really do you in...

Megan, so sorry, we all will be here when you are ready...

Judy, found the saying online and when it made me chuckle I was hoping it would bring a smile to someone else too...

Just got home from Bible classes, managed to get to row 21 before I left, so I am plodding along...

Carol, back pain sure does do you in. I have multiple things wrong with my back and I live in pain. Today is a very bad day (my neck and leg are involved today too), and if it is no better in the morning, I am going to stay home from work. There is no way I can work an 8 hour shift if I'm hurting this bad. I stand/walk all day, and that is better than sitting all day (I can't do that), but with my leg involved, it's hard to walk and stand all day.

On a good note, I just finished the last row of my granny shawl. I'm not sure if/how I am going to edge it. I did make one mistake on this one.....I should have used a bigger hook. I thought a K would be big enough, but with it being cotton, I should have gone bigger. It doesn't drape quite as well as I thought it would. But I am happy with it. And it will keep my back warm :yes

I'll take a picture of it and post it tomorrow.

Hope it's not too late to join in. I'm having a lot of just... I just moved to Savannah; I just got my household goods delivered; and I Just recently joined the community. My reading has been hit and miss since I have no cable or internet services yet. I do have lots of yarn, hooks and patterns in one of these boxes. Just have to upack. But in the mean time I am looking for a pattern for a messenger type bag. If anyone out there has one (free) to share I would be grateful.

Hope it's not too late to join in. I'm having a lot of just... I just moved to Savannah; I just got my household goods delivered; and I Just recently joined the community. My reading has been hit and miss since I have no cable or internet services yet. I do have lots of yarn, hooks and patterns in one of these boxes. Just have to upack. But in the mean time I am looking for a pattern for a messenger type bag. If anyone out there has one (free) to share I would be grateful.

Welcome to the group :hug

Here's a messenger bag that several of us are making http://www.crochetkitten.com/files/The_Crocheter_s_Messenger.pdf

Sorry Judy, you can't tell his kids without a score card, but Vickie is Rich's middle daughter (my stepdaughter) and her eldest son is the dad to be. She had Chey at 16 and went on to marry and have 3 more kids, plus the are in the middle of adopting 2 more. Chey isn't out of high school yet, and I know Vic wishes he'd learned from her experiences. Vic did finish high school, and later got her degree, and has a very responsible job.I can't imagine Vickie's mom is thrilled, she's not that much older than I am, and great grandma sounds so darn old...of course, so does professor, and that's what she is, so maybe she's used to sounding older than her years.

Kathy wow your going to be a great grandma. Congratulations and just think in 20 years time your will be a great great grandma... hehe:lol :lol My grandma is still with us and she is a great grandma to my girls, boy does it get confusing when I call my grandma Oma and the girls call my mum Oma. We have had to call my grandma Great Oma. Now who is confused.:lol hehe sorry for rambling.

Kathy wow your going to be a great grandma. Congratulations and just think in 20 years time your will be a great great grandma... hehe:lol :lol My grandma is still with us and she is a great grandma to my girls, boy does it get confusing when I call my grandma Oma and the girls call my mum Oma. We have had to call my grandma Great Oma. Now who is confused.:lol hehe sorry for rambling.

That's odd that the girls call your mom Oma. That's German I thought not Australian. My niece calls her dad's mom Oma as well.

kids will figure it out... My grandAngel called my MIL who was 4'11" "little gramma" and my Mom who is 5'6" "big gramma" and I'm just gramma...

I really should get busy on something .. I have a bodiless snowman... and piles of 2 1/2 " squares that I need to do something with ...

later...

Donna: I can’t wait to see a picture of your tree skirt. I want to make one for my tree but the hardest part for me has been picking out a pattern. Maybe your skirt will inspire me.

Brenda: I love the colors of your messenger back. Looks good…keep up the good work! :cheer

Megan: I’m so sorry to hear about your news. :hug

Ok so I think I've decided what my "Me" blanket is going to be. I think I'm going to do a ripple afghan. I haven't decided yet if it's going to be a basic ripple or not. I'm thinking of breaking it up by using different stitch patterns for some of the ripples.

I'm also undecided on colors. I'm trying to choose between something really scrappy looking, pinks and reds, or something gothy in purple red green and black.

Last desision: type of yarn to use. In one way I want to use something really nice like merino wool or maybe cascade since I like how it works up. The other part of me doesn't want to pay an arm and a leg for a blanket and would like it to be washable. I at least know if I want to be a step up from RH. Maybe wool-ease?

It's a good thing I'm not starting this afghan til after I'm done my holiday projects. It's going to take me forever to decide what I'm doing. :think

Megan my thoughts and prayers are with you.

I have just completed my 2nd row of my Granny Garden and realized I have to charge my camera battery before I can take a photo. I am working on a 4, 3 ,4, 3, 4 flower arrangement ...so far I am quite pleased with the result.

Archived