Join Us for the "ME" CAL!

judianne

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Afternoon Ladies. I hope everyone had a happy and safe New Years Eve.

I was asleep by 11:00 PM last night, but was awakened at midnight with fireworks going off again. I didn't go out and watch them.....it was too cold.

I just got home from work, and it is a cold, windy, snowy day today. At least for now it is light snow and isn't sticking too much. I am not planning on going anywhere until Thursday morning, since our high for tomorrow is only going to be in the low 20's :eek. That is just too darn cold for these old bones. I would look like this :wbrr if I went out tomorrow. I have plenty to do inside....crochet, try to organize my yarn a little, crochet, maybe clean a little, crochet.....I see a theme going here :lol:lol

Tab, it sure seems like it. Before I moved into the apartment, I lived in a mobile home and I used duct tape quite a bit :lol:lol

And now it comes in such pretty colors! I have a roll of purple duct tape at the moment. My next roll will be pink :D

Speaking of leg hair...I've figured out how to do a Brazilian Wax at home...DUCT TAPE!
OUCH!!!!!

:yay:yay Happy New Year!!! :yay:yay

I'm having a quiet day watching TV and movies and crocheting. Back to the normal routine tomorrow. I've been working on my 3SURR. Not sure how much bigger I'm going to make it. I have one more skein of variegated after the current one. I may just stop then where ever that takes me. I think I'm on row 29 now, but I'm not sure, because I sort of lost count. :lol :lol :lol

...crochet, try to organize my yarn a little, crochet, maybe clean a little, crochet.....I see a theme going here :lol:lol

Went through my stuff last night, found alot that I will never use. Have 3 dr appts tomorrow, and will try to convince the stash police that live here, that I need to ship some stuff out. This should be fun. It is like living with the original scrooge.

Cara sent you an email.

Went through my stuff last night, found alot that I will never use. Have 3 dr appts tomorrow, and will try to convince the stash police that live here, that I need to ship some stuff out. This should be fun. It is like living with the original scrooge.

Cara sent you an email.

I answered your email :hug Thanks bunches!

I went through my yarn that is in my bedroom....but only the yarn that was in bags and a few other places, not the totes.....and I am amazed at what I found. I don't remember buying some of this yarn, but I know I did because the receipt was still in the bag.

I guess it is a good thing that I joined the stashbusting CAL. As you can see, it is the first day of the year and I am already in the hole :lol:lol

I left work today and the yarn at Michael's was calling my name...loudly. I couldn't leave the parking lot without going there. And I know you ladies know exactly what I am talking about :yes:yes

I went through my yarn that is in my bedroom....but only the yarn that was in bags and a few other places, not the totes.....and I am amazed at what I found. I don't remember buying some of this yarn, but I know I did because the receipt was still in the bag.

I guess it is a good thing that I joined the stashbusting CAL. As you can see, it is the first day of the year and I am already in the hole :lol:lol

I left work today and the yarn at Michael's was calling my name...loudly. I couldn't leave the parking lot without going there. And I know you ladies know exactly what I am talking about :yes:yes

Dontcha hate that noisy yarn? :lol :lol I find that doughnuts can make quite a racket too :wink

I don't dare even step into the stashbusting CAL. I'd be laughed out :lol

Oh dear Tammy, I missed your afghan pic, had to back up some to see it, but knew if I didn't write the things I was thinking in my mind first, they would disappear in the bunny field :lol.

The colors are just so great, I never thought pink and purple could look so good together. My color choices have always been so reserved, but I am learning to appreciate some great new ideas.

With all the nice yarn I've gotten recently, I decided I need to do some organizing of my stash, too. Bought two long totes that hold 62 quarts and have wheels for sliding under the bed. I plan on putting all my special yarns in there until I know what I'm going to be doing with them.

I have to say tho' ladies I really admire those of your who spend time making big afghans and especially the quilt ones. I've finished two "smaller" ones in the past week and it drove me crazy. I much prefer wearables and accessories (love making purses, but can only have so many and scarves, too, have loads of those)......

Thanks for all the thoughts on the Vanna ghan. I actually went with the colors in the pattern. If anyone wants it, it's a tearoff and I have extras.... But I love Vanna yarn and I love the colors, that's what drew me to it...

Archived