Show me your label...

Do you add a label to your crocheted work?  

193 members have voted

1. 1. Do you add a label to your crocheted work?

• Nope - my work is label free
    • Always
    • Rarely
    • Usually
    • I do on items I sell, but not on gifts

I don't have labels to use but I only crochet/knit for friends, family...and occasionally I get around to me too. :)

Though if I'm giving something as a gift I like to tie a little hand written care tag with the washing instructions.

I kind of want those labels that say "crocheted by" or "knitted by" to sew into my gifts just for the fun of it though.

I bought the blank "gift tags" at Micheal's. I used them once for a blanket I made for a coworker ~ I wrote the care instructions on it.

I like them and want to use them more often but I do not like my handwriting and I am not sure I can get my printer to print on them.

I have a suggestion. Buy "clear" labels the correct size of your tags and print on THOSE and then stick them ON the tag. Or...buy a lable maker. I use my lable maker ALL the time for stuff. Not sure HOW well it would work on tags, but I know they DO sell clear lables for them.

That was just my thought.

I'm thinking about designing some of my own lables/tags So if I do, I'll post one for all to see!

Clear address lables work GREAT for sticking onto paper tags. I use them all the time in my scrapbooking because I can't stand my writing, and I have so many color/font options on the computer!

bad me if it for someone I know I just stick the label in with the item or atach it with a safety pin. If it is for a baby shower I just write in the card the care instructions.

I use either made with tender loving care for baby sets that I make for friends or family and made especially for you for my grandchildren with of couse grandma Reynolds on it. I also put a copy of the care instructions that comes on the yarn.

• 3 weeks later...

I rarely label any of my crochet items. when I was selling I added a business card with care instructions, of course back then everything was made of acrylic (wash and wear) but I saw these at oriental trading company and I think I'll have to buy them and add to gifts!

http://tinyurl.com/yr8qwr

I rarely label any of my crochet items. when I was selling I added a business card with care instructions, of course back then everything was made of acrylic (wash and wear) but I saw these at oriental trading company and I think I'll have to buy them and add to gifts!

I think I saw something like this at Michael's in the scrapbooking area. I may be wrong though. I like this idea though!

• 2 months later...

I use the following labels and also here is my care instruction card:

Labels01.jpg2104738180_69afd425df.jpg?v=0

Katecrochets - I love the idea that you put the care instruction on the back of your business card. Great ideas. Now I have to revised my cards.

01Buckler15 - Love your business card

Requin - You can design your own card. Go to Staples and get the business card. That's how I made my care instruction card and business card.

I donate baby items to the crisis pregnancy center.I cut an index card in half, write the item and the care instructions on it, and tie it to the item. I'm working at getting fancier. I like to label what they are just in case the tags get separated from the items (although everything washes the same :)). I am hoping to put specific inches/size on them, too.

For extended-family hats I just wrote the instructions and tucked it inside the hat.

I would love to make some ribbon tags like Grumperina's, but I hate tags of any sort on my own clothes, so I can't very well give them to someone else.

I took a look at your link and was blown away by some of the stuff, we can't get anything like that over here. Have you (or anyone you know) bought from this company and can recommend them? They don't deliver to UK but I could get things delivered to an American friend and she would send them over (I hope!)

Thanks for any feedback on this, feel free to pm me. :hook

• 1 year later...

I make a tag for each thing that needs one. I use my alphabet on my sewing machine to make the tags so each one is as unique as the project itself.

They usually say something like "crochet with love by Carol" or handmade by Thumpy or something else along those lines. It depends on what I am making and where it is going. If it is one of my original designs it is very likely to say Designed and made by Thumpy since I use "Thumpy's Originals" to classify all my designs.

Carol

Depending on the item... depends on the label I use. Some may simple be a scapbook type tag.. some I just slip my business card in with and some I use a fabric label that I make myself .......

DCP02813.jpg

:heart

:mug

Depending on the item... depends on the label I use. Some may simple be a scapbook type tag.. some I just slip my business card in with and some I use a fabric label that I make myself .......

DCP02813.jpg

I LOVE that tag? Do you mind sharing how you make your own?

I LOVE that tag? Do you mind sharing how you make your own?

Thank you!!! :D

well lets see.....

you will need....

1) design .. you can do this in Photoshop or any other graphic program

2) iron on transfer paper

3) twill tape 3/4 in wide

Create you design

print design on transfer paper... (remember to mirror image it)

cut out around design

Iron onto twill tape

peel off backing of transfer paper

sew onto item

Enjoy

For special items I use a label that is sewn on. I got a bunch of the "Made Especially for you by..." labels from Annies Attic I think.

For friendship squares or things like that I use paper labels that have my name and username that I attach with a safety pin or scrap yarn.

I only tag an item such as squares sent to someone here on the ville, so they know who they came from. I received some very nicely made tags as a RAOK that I use for this but I never tag anything else.

Mine say

Made Especially

For You By

Grammy

I'm almost out. I don't use them on everything ... just things for our grankids and great grankids. When these run out I'm going to have more made, but a little different. I'm going to get some 'generic' ones for the work I make for others ... loving hubby, kids ... etc.

Archived