Tennis ET Intro

tennis et

Greeting from the Dallas/Fort Worth area. I am a wife and mother of three boys - 17, 15, & 12. I have recently learned to crochet after watching a Learn to Crochet CD. I am currently working on the 63 pattern afghan and may join the group working on that project. I am also attempting to crochet a sock, but it is too early to determine if I will be successful figuring that out from a book. My experience is that the yarn stores in this area cater to the knitter not the crocheter. Consequently, I haven't found a place to take class in socks which is what I'd really like to do.

A couple of questions. Sometimes when I go to a thread the originator will say, "Look at my picture of this or that." and I can't see a picture anywhere. Then others will comment, "Hey, that looks great." which means they can see a picture so why can't I? Finally, are there any good crochet purse patterns out there? I'd be interested.... Thanks a bunch.

Howdy from Oklahoma,

Usually when they say that, there is a link somewhere on that message that you just click on and it will take you to their blog, then you can view what they are talking about.

Great group here!!!!

Terri :yay

Hello and :welcome:hi

You are right about the LYS they usually do cater more to knitters. For crochet classes check out the local craft stores...Hobby Lobby, Michaels, Joanns, or AC Moore. You should have one of those stores close by.

Glad you are here.

Barbara

Hi there! What part of the Metroplex are you in? I'm in east Fort Worth. :)

I just went to an open house at Yarn Heaven in Arlington last night, and I was the lone crocheter. :( Everyone was really nice, though. I haven't been to any other yarn shops in the area, though I want to check out Simpatico Yarns in Bedford and Jenningstreet Yarns in FW soon. :)

Oh, yes, crochetpatterncentral has lots of purse patterns. Also check out Marlo's Crochet Corner; she's got felted purse patterns also. Yay felting!

Archived