my ribbon poncho

carrie_dyer

My mom found this yarn and loved the wayit looked. She asked me to make her a poncho. I used this pattern from lion brand (http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/ci-poncho.html) And here is my finish project. It is a little different since I have never made a 1 piece poncho and this is only the second wearable I have made. I also added more fringe. My mom bought 6 skein 2 where the same rainbow but a different dye lot so I used the 5 that were the same for the body and trimmed it with the other 2 that are lighter in color.

DSC00058.jpg

Fantastic job! It turned out really nice - looks wonderful on your mom or whoever's wearing it in the pic!

That would be me. My mom wouldn't let me take her picture. It looks even better on her though.

I have about 9 skiens of the copper penny now I know what to make with it. Yours turned out great.

I bought a buch in the same color at the dollar store. I am also making a poncho with that for myself. I tend to stick more with earth tones then bright colors like my mom.

That is so beautiful! I bought 10 skeins of that yarn (2 different colors) yesterday at Big Lots. How is it to work with? I am thinking of making Fat Bottom Bags out of it, but still haven't decided. Do you know if it is washable? I checked the label but couldnt find washing instructions.

Katie :hook

That is so beautiful! I bought 10 skeins of that yarn (2 different colors) yesterday at Big Lots. How is it to work with? I am thinking of making Fat Bottom Bags out of it, but still haven't decided. Do you know if it is washable? I checked the label but couldnt find washing instructions.

Katie :hook

you can go to www.lionbrand.com and click on the "our Yarns" section then find the ribbon yarn for washing instructions. It was nice to work with except I am a very tight crocheter I like my stitches tight. This yarn was very hard for me to do that with. Also this particular pattern is a loose stitch. It's just didn't look right to me, but my mom like hte open work look stuff.

Archived