• Last Reply

My stats are:

You signed up on August 15, 2007

You are #25841 on the list.

10493 people are ahead of you in line.

8570 people are behind you in line.

44% of the list has been invited so far

I've got a bit of a wait yet . . . . . sigh

Shelly Bean....you have not heard of Ravelry????? :P It is a super site created by a married couple named Jessie and Casey, that welcomes crochers and knitters alike. You get a folder, and you can take pictures and log all of your WIP, FO, stash, hooks, needles, books. They have groups and forums too. But, you wanna know my what favorite part of the site is???? The fact that you can check out other people's projects and see how many of them are done in different yarns. It is so cool.

I know it is a long wait....but I think it is so worth it. Start taking pictures of your stash and get a Flickr account. The account will let you to transfer pics easily to Ravelry.:hook

Can those of us who are on dial-up go on Ravelry? I mean, would we be able to accomodate such a large site if we signed up to be invited? I heard of Ravelry but I didn't realize it was going to be that extensive.

Real Deal

i don't know if you dial-up will be able to accommodate all the images on ravelry....I have a slow dsl and it works wonders....it's like twice as fast as dial up and less money ;) anyways....I love looking at the different patterns and seeing how people worked them with their yarn choice and sizing techniques. It's fun to see them all. And when you get invited to Ravelry, make sure to look up the Crochetville Group! It's cool to see members from here on there!

I love Ravelry!! I got invited a couple of weeks ago, and I've been browsing around, but just tonight I started my page describing what I am working on. There is nothing that site doesn't have! Between C'ville and Ravelry, it's crochet heaven here on earth!!!!! :c9

Elle

That place looks really good, I just signed up!

You signed up on Today

You are #34602 on the list.

18854 people are ahead of you in line.

0 people are behind you in line.

There's just a few people ahead of me....:shrug:reyes

• You signed up on July 25, 2007
  • You are #20545 on the list.
  • 5053 people are ahead of you in line.
  • 13816 people are behind you in line.
  • 44% of the list has been invited so far

*sigh* ...... looks like I've got a while to go too.......

My knitting friend just got in earlier this week. I think she did almost nothing else for two days!

Here are my stats:

You signed up on July 25, 2007

You are #20470 on the list.

4978 people are ahead of you in line.

13891 people are behind you in line.

Looks like I've got a ways to wait, but that's OK. Gives me time to work on some projects like cleaning and cooking before I get taken over.

• You signed up on September 12, 2007
  • You are #32416 on the list.
  • 16708 people are ahead of you in line.
  • 2162 people are behind you in line.
  • 44% of the list has been invited so far

I guess I have a bit of a wait too...

I don't understand the invitation thing :think You mean you sign up and then do nothing until you are invited to actually join? Why the invitations?

The site isn't fully ready yet. They only just moved over to their permanent servers last week or the week before, I think and are right now trying to get all the bugs worked out through the people who're already on the site. Once you're in, you're one of those little testing mice until the site is fully up and running.

It's someting like 10043 people until my name comes up.

Aside from building the site, they want to make sure that their servers and stuff can handle the traffic load - they have like 10,000 users or so (probably more, now) and they invite what, like 120 people a day? Because you know that the DAY they throw it open, they're going to have about 8,000 people sign up. That kind of traffic crashes the unprepared.

With their new, permanent servers here, though, the end is in sight. I :heart Ravelry. :)

ok i signed up.. here are my stats

* You signed up on Today

* You are #34648 on the list.

* 18900 people are ahead of you in line.

* 0 people are behind you in line.

* 44% of the list has been invited so far

I have soooooo long to wait :( Wah!

You signed up on September 15, 2007

You are #33183 on the list.

17455 people are ahead of you in line.

1505 people are behind you in line.

* You signed up on July 25, 2007

* You are #20512 on the list.

* 5020 people are ahead of you in line.

* 13985 people are behind you in line.

* 44% of the list has been invited so far

I have a while to go but I'd rather them work out the kinks in the website than have to deal with them when I get an account.

I'm IN! It will take me a good while to get all my info on there and to look at everything, but I'm in, finally! :clap:yay

....psst! I'm NOT leaving here though...I LOVE Crochetville and am a permanent resident!!

I'm IN! It will take me a good while to get all my info on there and to look at everything, but I'm in, finally! :clap:yay

....psst! I'm NOT leaving here though...I LOVE Crochetville and am a permanent resident!!

Me too! I got my invite today and I'm FiberQueen over at Ravelry:cheer :clap

What is ravelry? I see that it was explained before in this thread but I am still confused a bit. Is it a forum like crochetville? Why is there a wait to join? What is so special about it??? Is it just a place to show off stuff and learn about projects?

Archived