Check Every Dollar Store For Yarn

Real Deal

I passed on the baby yarn too, but got 5 skeins of the plush cause I thought it would make a nice shawl for a friend of mine. I have found that when Real Deals gets yarn they tend to get it in spurts. They'll get new yarn every week for awhile and then they won't get anymore for a few months. I'll be sure to go in there once a week for the next few weeks to see if they get some more good stuff.

I asked hubby last night if I could go back and get some more, but he said (looking at my stash that has taken over my son's playroom) "I think you have enough yarn........at least until payday." :lol So, I guess I'll wait a few days before I go back.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After reading so many posts that Dollar Tree had all this cheap yarn, I was thrilled to death to find out that one of our larger towns nearby just opened one. I went there so excited I couldn't hardly stand it, and there was NO yarn in the store!!! I guess with Christmas they wanted to push that instead of yarn, so now that the holiday season is over, I am getting all excited again to check it out. I think I might cry if they still don't have any yarn.:( Not that I have any type of addiction with yarn of course. ;)

I stopped at two Dollar Trees in the past couple of days, so far no yarn but then again, it will magically appear when you aren't looking. There is another one I may pass tomorrow, will check that one out. Like the lotto theme, Hey, you never know.

LI Roe

We have no yarn here yet either... Could you possible post the upc numbers....

Sometimes you can call the directly and if they have it they will ship it to your local Dt ...

Thank you in advanced if you could possible do this

kwoolls ~

Here's the numbers for the yarn I just picked up:

73650 91347 ~ TLC Essentials worsted weight in Cherry Red

73650 91352 ~ TLC Essentials worsted weight in Light Plum

73650 76376 ~ Red Heart Grande' super bulky in Navy

71484 03859 ~ Mainstays worsted weight in True Navy

HI there ladies:

Well Thank you Dawn for the heads up... I went to dollar deals in Norwich and was ab le to pick up 6 skeins of the navy blue main stray the big skeins i even got them still in the plastic they arrived. I did see the TLC baby yarn but too pale so didn;t get none of them but i did buy 2 skeins of that other yarn that is like a really pretty fushia pink color i forgot the name now ... I didn;t get any of the light plum nor the chunky cause didn;t know what i'd do with it but I will go back this week and get at least 2 of each of them cause i want to make a couple of stuffed bears.

I'll let you know if anymore new ones come in... Please keep me posted when you go if any new ones are in...

hugs

Lillibet

Thank real deal for the codes....Is the number at the beginning 0's they need those too...Sorry for being a pain...

I will be travel north this weekend so i hope to hit a few dollar trees....gotta love buying yarn for $1.00 :)

kwoolls ~ It's no bother. There's a small # just before and also just after the code on the yarns. Here they are:

TLC Essentials in Cherry Red ~ 0 and 1

TLC Essentials in Light Plum ~ 0 and 5

Red Heart Grande' in Navy ~ 0 and 2

Mainstays in True Navy ~ 0 and 9

I haven't read through the whole thread so maybe it's been mentioned, but Tuesday Morning often has some nice yarn. It's not always brands I recognize (I'm a yarn newbie, lol!), but I think it's higher-end stuff.

The local Dollar Stores around my area carry yarn. And it's always weird yarn that I never find anywhere else. The lady who taught me to crochet will call me if she sees something new and tell me "If you don't get down here and get some, I WILL BUY IT ALLLLLLL."

Well my trip north was a bummer at the dollar trees...All they had was the fun fur....I was so disappointed....

But on another note I hit big lots and they had tons of yarn ...Most of it was $2.00 but i still just had to buy some :lol

Check my DT across the street and they had not 1 skein of yarn :(

This past week, Big Lots and a couple different dollar stores,... nothing but fun fur and "baby yarn", nothing that suited my needs/stash.

I'll have to go to my local Tuesday Morning, since I haven't stopped there for a long time.

But I really should work my stash down some too.

I checked out the Dollar Tree in Annapolis but they had no yarn at all. What they did have for only a dollar of course are these really wonderful laundry duffle bags all kinds of colours and perfect for yarn stash. Handy front pockets for what else more yarn or maybe patterns? You choose I bought four pink,orange,purple and bright blue. Now maybe I can 'organize' my stash a bit more. :lol

:lol Oh yes Sockmad, there's the organizing of the yarn! What a novel idea! :lol I'm sure the mesh bags will help.

I do need more places to start putting some of this yarn, then I remembered a couple of days ago that I have nothing in the bottom of the hutch in my kitchen. Can you believe that? There is actually not one item in the lower part of the hutch, so now I know what I'll be filling it with!!!

OK. OK, fine. That one tall jug of laundry detergent that doesn't fit on the shelves can go in there too.

Just reporting from Normal, IL. I stopped at a Dollar Tree in Decatur yesterday, no yarn. However, the one by our Market Street Walmart had a TON of Incredible (the Lion Brand Ribbon Yarn), along with a couple skeins of fun fur and some Bernat novelty yarn. I almost bought them out of Incredible...17 skeins. What can I say, I love ribbon yarn!! 7 skeins of "Accent on Black", 3 skeins of "Copper Penny" (my favorite) and 7 skeins of "Carnival". I'm still debating going back for the last 8 skeins (all matching dyelot). The girl there said that no one ever buys the yarn, and I told her I'd be back regularly ;). Doesn't help for the Stash-BUsting game, though...

The bags I bought are not the mesh ones,you can't actually see through these. But I did some organizing such as putting my pounders in the Pink bag.

I keep checking the Dollar Trees closest to my home and my moms home. Nothing yet but I did notice the one by me had taken out the last of the nubby yarns (were only a few left anyway) and the bin is empty. Maybe that is a sign that they are getting another shipment of hopefully different yarns. Like I need more, LOL.

LI Roe

• 2 weeks later...

I went into Real Deals last night (Friday) and I found Caron Pizazz ribbon in a forest color. It's called Deep Woods and is dark green, brown, and gold. No orange in it. Like a forest with glints of the sun. It's what I think camo ought to look like. Pretty.

So I picked up a few skeins for my sister who does love camo, and I'm going to attempt to make some type of bag for her with it. It's wide ribbon, so I plan to fold as I go (yes, I'll be working on this a long time) so I can use a smaller hook and tight sts. I'm one of those people who doesn't mind doing single crochet and I'll bet this will turn out gorgeous. Eventually.

We were out running errands tonight, and I said "If we have a few extra minutes, I'd like to stop at the dollar store." I'm Oh so glad I did. They had some Peacock (teal) Jiffy!

I used Jiffy to make a heavy baby blanket a few months ago and I liked working with it. It slides on the hook beautifully. So I looked at the Peacock, and I looked at it. I love this color, but what would I do with it? There's not a lot of things to make out of bulky, and I already have an impressive amount. I finally decided ... a long winter bathrobe.

The more I thought about this idea, the better I liked it. I want a floor length heavy winter bathrobe that's simple. If we can do long sweaters, tunics, and dresses, why not? I have a tunic pattern that I can adjust to be longer. If I start crocheting now, I'll be ready for next winter! Ha, ha, ha! It's a good thing I'm patient.

So I bought the Jiffy. It's gorgeous. And of course, $1 a skein. It'll be the most beautiful bathrobe to ever live in this neighborhood!

Archived