changepurse in bosnian crochet

crochetfun

I am posting this in hope to get some more information on Bosnian crochet.

I made this, it's really nothing special, but I like the stitches/texture. (Bosnian Crochet is done in slip stitch, makes a very strong fabric)

It is extremely hard to find information on it.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y113/crochetfun/changepurse.jpg

changepurse.jpg

Wow, that's really cute. I haven't tried Bosnian crochet yet but it looks very pretty. :hook

Thank you all.

There is a beautiful pattern for a hotpad in the Encyclopedia of Crochet.

And, there is of course that gorgeous site

http://crochet.nu/scjwc/work/bosnian/index.html

It makes a very dense fabric. I think it might need a special hook, because it requires a considerable amount of force to get into the stitches.

This is about all I know, but I'll keep trying to find out.:)

nice & sturdy! :)

:frog

Exactly, so it would be a very useful stitch for slippers, bags and (do I dare to say?) .... hotpads and whatever else needs tight, sturdy stitches.

You could make great bag designs with it for the summer in a nice cotton yarn.

That is a cool bag. Did you make up the pattern yourself or find it somewhere. It is an interesting take on crochet and would be worth finding out more about. I have heard of it before, but didn't pay attention to the details of it. Thanks for making me pay attention to it this time.

~ DAWN

That is a cool bag. Did you make up the pattern yourself or find it somewhere.

~ DAWN

Thanks.

The little bag started out as a potholder/hotpad according to the design in the Encyclopaedia of Crochet. My glasses need changing so I was unable to see the stitches well enough to separate backloop/frontloop. So...I just did my own thing, and as I went along deciced to turn it into a little changepurse for laundry days (for my daughter.) The only problem is the cord, it is too thick because the only method I know is chain/ slip stitch. It does not look proportional. (anyone w. ideas?)

You did a great job improvising :cheer

As far as the cord goes, if it is too thick you could just chain and not slip stitch back or you could get a piece of ribbon or cording and use it as a tie. I am going to try some Bosnian crochet and see what comes of it.:hook

~ DAWN

Archived