Eco bag

Hellen

Everybody have a lot of plastic shopping bags at home. It's time to crochet a bag with them. Here is the idea http://www.geocities.com/quibblerscribbler/Recycled_plastic_bag.html

And here is my bag crochet from old plastic bags.

th_82e04a71.jpg

The problem was that I didn't want to use white bags, so I had to collect colour ones. It took rather a long time. For the insides I used an old bag, so it wasn't difficult. I only had to buy new handles (the most expensive part of my bag!).

Very nice! I love the colors! There's a member on here that "specializes" with crocheting plastic bags, RecycleCindy, I believe. Thanks for sharing!

(BTW, could you share the pattern for it?)

That is a cool looking bag!! Where did you get all those really neat colored bags??:think It seems that most of the stores I shop at are going to white!! There is a hobby store here in town that uses teal colored plastic bags. Anyway, that is a real neat bag!! Great job!!:)

• 3 weeks later...

Such a wonderful tote!! I save all my bags as I use them for a lot of stuff (mainly kitty litter scoopings). Tried making one before but didn't work out. Your instructions are great with the pics making it very clear. I can't wait to make one (but not til after Holidays, got too much other stuff going on).

Such great colors, the only time I see anything except white, tan or clear is little bags for cards at a local pharmacy. I'll have to start stopping in at all the stores and ask for donations to my bag collection...:haha

• 8 months later...

what a fun looking bag! I'm also in an area where colored bags are hard to come by, but yours looks great. (I think I'd have to figure out how to dye plastic...naah)

This so pretty!

I am doing something along the same lines with old plastic bags but your puts mine to shame!

it's so lovely!

Archived