Yarn at Target?

Tampa Doll

I was in Target the other day.

I passed this one aisle and my head automatically turned (doesn't happen often). Couldn't figure out why:think until I looked closer and to my supprise there on the shelves were kits with yarn.:eek

I couldn't believe this. Was this a sign?:hyper Are we soon going to see yarn, needles and books again here? :cheer Well, you can bet I will be keeping an eye on this.:lurk

Heh, I just went to my Target last night looking for their knitting/crochet kits that I had heard were out there... no luck at mine, though! :(

They do have some kits on their website... are these what you saw? Or was it different? And what section were they in? With the art supplies?

My Target did have beads now, however [!!] and I picked some up in the $1 section -- I posted a picture of them on my blog.

Yeah Jess,

That is what I saw. Acturally, they were just past the books on the outside of the aisle. They were knit, but I thought I saw a crochet one. I didn't look that close, was in a hurry to get out of there.

I am hoping they will get back their yarn and such.:hook:hook

That is what I saw. Acturally, they were just past the books on the outside of the aisle. They were knit, but I thought I saw a crochet one.

The word from someone in the livejournal crochet community who works at Target is that one of the kits has a crochet hook + crochet pattern in it and no knitting needles -- but on the outside is labelled as a "knitting kit." :rofl

Drats, I wish my Target had them. I wanted to look at them. Maybe they had them somewhere and I just missed them... ;)

I hope it does mean that they start carrying notions and such. I know that I would probably slip a hook or two into my basket/cart while there if they did... :rofl

Oh, that would be sooo awesome. When we were walking into Target the other night I commented to Hubster that if only Target sold yarn, it would be the Perfect Store. :)

From a good yarn:

I also was pretty excited to see knitting kits at Target this week. They were very reasonably priced at $10 for a small kit, $15 for a little bigger one and $20 to the biggest ones. They were for things like a halter top, pet bed, bikini, baby set, bag, etc. Each kit contained the yarn, needles, pattern and a how to knit DVD.

Pretty cool! I may have to take a gander at the newer Target near my house tonight... :lol

Ooh, I'd be in more trouble. There is a Target just past the AC Moore store that I go to. The only thing that would save me is that I walk to these stores and can only carry so much home (heaven forbid I take the car LOL).

Thanks for the heads up. I'll be heading over that way in the next few days. Was there during the week but was looking for something else so I never made the complete check of the store.

LI Roe

That's right, I remember reading your comment on them now!! :)

I found them at a different Target today and I bought one of the knitting ones.

They had:

* wine cozy

* eyehole scarf

* belt (this is the crocheted item, I believe. I didn't look at it too closely and they all say knit)

* boy baby set

* girl baby set

* bikini top/bottom

* yoga mat carrier

* pet bed

* ipod/cell phone cozy

* cat toys

* dog toys

I think there are a couple of others. I picked up the wine bottle cozy because it came with wooden dpns in a size I don't have. :)

The prices varied from $10 (wine cozy, scarf, belt, ipod cozy) to $20 (bikini, pet bed, yoga mat carrier).

They come with a DVD, printed instructions, yarn (they say it's premium yarn but uhh I dunno. A lot of the sets seemed to be like sugar 'n cream, and my wind cozy is very soft fuzzy acrylic yarn), the proper needles/hook, and a tapestry needle.

I took a picture of the set I bought -- I'm going to look at the DVD and post a review of it to my blog later this weekend, I think. Here's the picture of the kit, anyway:

DSC_1832.thumb.jpg

Holy shnikes, Batgirl. If Target had yarn I'd have to have my social security direct deposited into their bank account. That place already suctions money out of my purse faster than a Hoover vacuum...if they had yarn I'd just move in and call it a day LOL

hugs

Ro

And this is why I've banned myself from Target for the duration of my graduate degree.

Now if only the ban from Michael's would work... *looks at the 30 gauge wire, beads, and the #10 hook currently in the process of scing them all together*

I went into Target today and they had four different kits in mine and all knit. However, in their $1 section, they had beading accessories; tweezers, beading wire and clasps. Not the best quality, but pretty cool!

I went to Target today to get cleaning supplies and they had the kits there. Lots of them in fact, all the ones mentioned in this thread. So I bought the Summer Shawl one because the yarn was very interesting to me. There's a hole near the bottom of the round container the kits come in to see/feel the yarn.

In any case, have you ever worked on something with yarn that was very unusual and think 'Boy, this sure is ugly!' Then as time goes on and you continue working on this ugly thing, it becomes interesting, then very interesting, then all of a sudden you think "Wow, this is so ugly it's pretty". Well, I'm past that point now. I'm at, gee, no one will know that I planned on making this for Kari, who'll know that I kept it for myself. :rofl Seriously tho, if you go to Target, and they have these kits, check out the yarn in the Summer Shawl container. It's very interesting. I'm crocheting a scarf with it instead of knitting a shawl and it's turning out way better than I had hoped.

Kari, don't worry, you'll get it. There's enough yarn to make one for you and me!! I hope you like it as much as I do. :hook

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

maybe if people contacted the head of target, they would add the yarn back in. i miss not getting it there and at k-mart. at least walmart still has it :lol :lol :lol:hug vicki

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived