Hobby Lobby just lost my business

Burgandy

Its 9pm and I just had the 2nd call of the night from someone Hobby Lobby gave my name and cell number to for cake decorating classes. I do not teach cake decorating, I did call and ask if they had any classes about 6 weeks ago. The lady I spoke with complained the entire time and finaly after 10 minutes decided to take my name and number. I don't know what incompetent moron decided to hand out my number but they will regret it! The manager has no idea that we have an appointment tomorrow- a long one. I am taking my lawyer's card with me in case they want to get nasty. I am in shock and furious!

Does anyone know the number to corporate hq?

Someone obviously just made a mistake putting your name down as teaching, rather than wanting to take classes. I am sure they'll be happy to remove your name if you ask them to.

So far the only thing that has happened is you got two 'wrong number' type calls... in the scheme of things, not all that bad! Your house didn't burn down... you don't have cancer, etc.

Take two deep breaths and call in the morning! :D

Joan

Hmm. Yeah, I'm gonna have to say that corporate won't be able to do anything but give you apologies for something someone further down the chain did, not so much them. The real source of the problem is with an individual. Speak with their local manager -- will be much more fulfilling and fruitful, I am sure. Spam stinks.

I agree with everyone else, I'm sure it was an honest mistake, maybe someone new on the job, sometimes we just have to look at things in a different way which is easier said than done I guess.

On Time Liberty Mutual, A Nationwide Insurance Co, Gave Out My # As A Fax!! I Got Calls 24/7, For At Least 8 Months. I Couldnt Change My # At The Time, I Had A Vending Buisness. They Never Even Offered To Change The #, I Had To Keep Calling.

On Time Liberty Mutual, A Nationwide Insurance Co, Gave Out My # As A Fax!! I Got Calls 24/7, For At Least 8 Months. I Couldnt Change My # At The Time, I Had A Vending Buisness. They Never Even Offered To Change The #, I Had To Keep Calling.

I had a similar experience. A company printed my toll free number (I used to sell cosmetics) on their calendar. Not only did I get a bunch of calls, I had to pay for them too. I even had to pay for the obscene call because phone company won't make adjustments on toll free #s.

I had a similar experience. A company printed my toll free number (I used to sell cosmetics) on their calendar. Not only did I get a bunch of calls, I had to pay for them too. I even had to pay for the obscene call because phone company won't make adjustments on toll free #s.

Couldn't you sue the company for damages? After all, you did have to pay out of pocket for their mistake.

I talked to the manager today and told him what happened and he didn't sound like he cared so I pulled out the big guns - Anymore calls on my cell and I will start scheduling classes. I think the customer service at this location just blows. The first time I called today they just answered "hello" and when I asked if it was Hobby Lobby the reply I got was "Yeah but you will have to hang on" and I was immediatly thrown on hold. Then I hung up and called back and someone else answered and I asked for the manager. He sounded more bored than concerned until I made my threat. Then he asked for my name & number, but only after my threat. Its rediculous.

An honest mistake is easily rectified and obviously that is not happening ... so they need to be brought up short and fast ... this is close to ID theft if they gave your name and your phone number

perhaps a gentle reminder about how serious ID theft is now considered to be?

just don't pay any bills that are incurred by their mistake, even if it means taking it to small claims court

Call corporate. HQs do not appreciate when franchisees sully their image with poor service or business practices. You may get more than just an I'm sorry...you could change corporate policy.

-shel

Yeah... yikes, that changes things a bit there if the local mgt is so apathetic. I guess it makes sense for the employees to be so bad if their mgt is too!

Some bank once printed my home number on their loan applications as their fax number... well, I also have a fax machine at home, so I would get people's loan applications all the time! With all their sensitive personal information! I found out which bank it was and called them several times to say that they needed to fix it immediately, because yikes! I had people's SSN's and everything! :eek They didnt even care.. eventually (like MONTHS later) they fixed their forms! (And, yes, I totally shredded all those applications I rec'd!)

The original mistake was surely unintentional and I would have probably given them the benefit of the doubt - with the expectation that they apologize and correct it right away. If they don't seem concerned about your inconvenience, then I would definitely take it a step further by contacting their corporate office.

Although your idea of scheduling phony classes would probably be a good way to get the store's attention, it would be really unfair to the innocent bystanders who were calling to schedule classes in good faith. Please don't do that!

OK. Top this. Medicare once printed MY number on a form for all those little old people who live east of the Mississippi river to call if they had questions about "Part B". Prior to that, I didn't even know what "Part B" was, nor did I care. Not only did my phone ring all day long, but apparently SOME elderly people don't take "wrong number" as a reason to hang up and quit talking! I actually had to hang up on a few. Phone company wanted to charge me to have my number changed. So, I started taking the numbers of the old people who were calling me and every day I would call the phone company and say "now, here's the people who called me TODAY!". After about one week, they folded and changed my number for free. Thing is, I never had a toll-free number so the people calling my number had to pay for the call. That's just wrong.

My husband and I get phone calls all the time from companies, collection agencies, attorneys offices, etc for people who lived here over 4 years ago! First it was one person, we kept saying they don't live here. Then they started asking for her boyfriend, we'd say he doesn't live here. Then this past year we've been getting calls for her daughter too!!!!

For the longest time we just let the machine pick up any calls we don't recognize, but then we get even more calls at all times of the day and evening. Finally I started getting upset with the people and tried explaining ever so politely that the person hadn't lived here in over 4 years, we do not know them, and furthermore, they never had this number!!! We got the number new when we bought the house. Companies must just get the address and can figure out what phone number it has.

As for your situation, I agree with several others. The first part was most likely an honest mistake....she wrote down you wanted to teach classes not that you wanted to take a class. Or maybe she wrote it correctly and the person she gave it to who handled it next read it wrong. I do agree though that if the manager isn't helping you in a polite manner then you should call HQ.

• 2 weeks later...
OK. Top this. Medicare once printed MY number on a form for all those little old people who live east of the Mississippi river to call if they had questions about "Part B".

I can't top that - just thinking about all the times you would have had to shout "Wrong number" to the hard-of-hearing makes me cringe! :lol It's surprising how many of us have these stories. :eek

Here's mine - our phone number is almost the same as my optometrist's (for example, 4233 as opposed to 4223), so we often get calls for his office. I always blame it on bad eyesight, gave them the correct number, and go on with life. He recently opened another office in a nearby town, and the reason I know that is because the people who work there have called me a few times. :hook

I can defenetly identify with your situation. Our phone number used to belong to the Northern Il.Drug task force! Now when we first moved in and got the number and started getting calls at all hours of the day and night we tried calling the phone company and they refused to change the number with out charging us! Our number is supposed to be unlisted and this was there reasoning for charging to change.we said after almost a half hour of arguing with them about this to just change it to a listed number then. Then the lady we were speaking with said very nasty hang on lady.she puts her suprivisor on the phone who almost as nastily as the last person,how she would have to charge us one way or another to change the number weather on not we changed it to a listed number or not since the number we currently have is unlisted.:eek

Made no sense! Then she proceeds to tell us we should just "wait it out" the calls will "Eventually stop" after you keep telling them wrong number! Needless to say we were dumbfounded.My husband refused to pay the fee not because we are cheap but he said it is just the principal . So the calls at 3Am etc continue to this day not as much as the beginning.I have begged my hubby to just pay the darned fee.but he says to this day , it's the principle! uggh.

I hope that the store will get this straightend out for you.as it's not fair to you or the potential students.

Archived