can't find peach yarn!

I was at walmart looking for yarn for the next ghan I'll be doing. I want peach, not orange, peach. They only had two oranges, one was blaze orange and then they had Caron Simply Soft orange, which it "too" orange for what I'm trying to find. I was surprised that in the baby yarn section they had pink, yellow, minty greens, blues and lavendars, but no peaches!

Just todays little yarn rant. After seeing that my JoAnns is .40 cents more per skein of Caron Simply Soft I'm hesitant to go back there to look for peach, but if I have to, to get the color I need then I guess I'll have to.

I know what you mean. You have your mind made up about a color that you want and then you can;t find it. I was the same way I had the same problem with coral. I finally gave up and went with something similar. I hope you find the color that you want.

I wish I could shop from Smiley's, alas they only ship in the states :cry

They have great yarns and prices, its funny because some are made in Canada and are cheaper if bought from the States. :think

Peach is very hard to find. The only place I have been able to find some at was at Hobby Lobby. Their brand of baby yarn. In fact, I'm making a top w/ that yarn and color right now. I love the color because it's so vibrant! (Plus it was on sale for 40% off when I bought it)!

Hopefully, you have a Hobby Lobby near by...good luck:D

I do have a Hobby Lobby nearby, well, nearby to my work so I'll check during the week on my way in. I like that Jamie Classic peach, that's what I want!

So, you all sound like Smiley's is a good site? Good products and customer service? I have never dealt with any online yarn shops so I'm rather at your mercy as far as who to trust!

I read the faq on smileys... man I don't need $40 worth of yarn! So I went on ebay and found the Jamie peach, 3 skiens for $4.50 and a buck shipping! They have 4 lots, and I bought 3 lots. I'm happy! If anyone needs 3 skeins of peach just search for peach yarn on ebay and it'll come up!

when i was looking for some peach yarn i looked at walmart and michaels. ac moore was my last hope and they had the caron ss in peach. i usually have to go to those three different stores to get the colors i want. no one store has them all!

I know what you mean. You have your mind made up about a color that you want and then you can;t find it. I was the same way I had the same problem with coral. I finally gave up and went with something similar. I hope you find the color that you want.

rh has a very nice coral

I wish I could shop from Smiley's, alas they only ship in the states :cry

They have great yarns and prices, its funny because some are made in Canada and are cheaper if bought from the States. :think

did you convert the US prices to canadian?

$1 american is worth more than $1 canadian

Hmmm...the only brand I know of that has a peach color is Simply Soft. I order it online, because the stores (Michael's & Joann's) don't carry it. So, I go to discountyarnsale.com and buy it there. It's called Light Country Peach and it's made by Simply Soft. I bought some a couple months ago, but haven't gotten around to making anything with it yet.

I got peach at Meijer. It is Bernat baby coordinates (has the silky thread running through it). I needed it for a baby afghan I was making and I finally tracked some down! I got mine about 2mos. ago.

Archived