If money were no object, what yarn?

If money was not a concern at all, and every yarn made in the world was available at your fingertips, which would you use the most? And least? Which ones would you want to try? And why?:think Brand is not important, unless you love ones brands type of yarn over another brands same type of yarn.

Remember, no "it costs too much, can't get that here", the world is at your fingertips.:yay

Also if you have a tip for how someones dislikes may be more likeable, by all means add your tips.

I have used Boucle and must admit that with both knitting and crocheting I have a hard time getting it not to split.

Ribbon yarns just don't sit right for me. They look like they need ironing!:lol Maybe I need a different hook or needles?

Ever since I got to 'pet' a teddy bear made from alpaca, I have wanted something made out of it! A yarn made from alpaca is my pick! I have no idea what color I would want or what I would make out of it.

I'd love to try hemp yarn (Allhemp), mostly because I've read so many wonderful things about drape and softness and it's a renewable resource.

Another one I'd love to try is bamboo. I've pet it at the LYS but it's pricey. Another good one for the environment.

Also alpaca, some cashmere, oooh silk... I'd try everything!

Alpaca! Wouldn't it be great to cuddle up in a whole alpaca afghan.?

And I love the look of home made, hand spun stuff ... a local yarn shop here carries some Fair Trade varieties - very bohemian chic.

• 2 months later...

I want to try them all....

I just saw a corn yarn...corn, how cool is that. I would like to try a better bamboo yarn, oh oh..and silk, and alpaca and cashmere, and all kinds of things.

I seriously think I would want to try all the different kinds that I could get my hands on.

• 5 weeks later...

i saw this 100% angora yarn at the LYS

it was like $10 for a TINY skein (around 20 yards i think)

id love to use some, it was so soft

id also like to try soy, bamboo, silk, and other unusual fibers like corn

sea silk

http://www.colorsongyarn.com/yarns/hand_maiden/sea_silk.htm

and id figure out exactly what im allergic to

so far the only animal fiber i know im ok with is angora and i know im very allergic to wool

OMG, fiber 'gasm here, wait, I need to get myself together. This is overkill, too much stimulation, the fantasy is killing me with joy!

K, I'm back,

How about I'd love to use, try, have:

Cashmere

Cherry Tree Hill Sock Yarn 2001726655868080_1-vi.jpg

Silk, Angora

Microspun 1401770565888080_1-vi.jpg

Bamboo 1701671882478080_1-vi.jpg

Noro Blossom 250185023898_1-vi.jpg

And that's just to name a few!

I would certainly have a lot of silk/wool blend in my stash, I'd also stock up on microfiber in a major way.

as for everything else, well, I'd want to try it ALL. I heard about a cotton/milk fiber yarn that I'm dying to pet, for example.

That would be heaven to all of us, well to answer the question, I would really love to try organic yarns I also prefer cotton over anything else and soy yarns maybe but poor me, those yarns ain't handy in my tropical country. :(

• 2 months later...

Manos del Uruguay handspun semi-solids! Ummm... right after I win the lottery! :) It would cost about 200 bucks to make one of my aran sweaters out of that stuff.

I also love any thick & thin, hand-spun, hand-dyed stuff.

For now I will stick with my Super Saver and Wool-Ease, or the good ol' vintage stuff my mom gives me out of her stash ;)

~Randi

• 4 months later...

I know this is quite simple compared to everyone else, but the only yarn I've worked with is RHSS and sport yarn. I'd really like to use bulky yarns for a few rugs I want to make and I'd like to try that fun fur. Even that isn't in my budget! lol

Archived