Spring Cleaning

I finally threw in the towel and decided to order a yarn winder. It arrived yesterday and boy am I glad. I was able to turn this

8561277_a0d81e69ea_m.jpg

into this

8561278_8b4783accc_m.jpg

It's a miracle and I have too much yarn! :eek So I took out 60% of it to donate to Project Linus. Life is good! :c9

:frog

Ashleigh,

I too have a yarn winder but my finished product doesn't look as neat as yours. I think my problem is trying to wind too much yarn at one time. I hate having to weave in new yarn and tie off the old one, therefore I buy the largest skein I can find:ohdear .

Someone told me if I would take an empty TP roll, cut a slit in one end, place it on the yarn winder , then place the end of yarn in the slit, the yarn would wind easier. It does help but mine still come unwound way before all the skein is wound. I think I will have to breakdown and wind my skein into two balls instead of one.:thumbdown

Excuse me while I cry...:( :( My yarn winder is lost in the mail. I ordered it almost a month ago from ebay....and it still isn't here. I have to fill in some lost mail forms now. Has anybody else had this problem??? I live in Canada, so I am hoping it is only stuck in customs for now.

Oh wow! I'm jealous :D

I wish I had that much yarn! I'm on such a strict budget that when I do manage to save up to go to the yarn store.. my fiance makes me stop.. close my eyes.. and breathe for ten seconds before going in. :lol

I get so excited even if I can only afford one skein :yay

I wish I had relatives that crocheted so I could sneak some of their stash hehe.. but sadly I am the only one in my family that has such a love for the craft.

If any one has anything they want to get rid of.. feel free to send me your scraps :devil Just don't tell my fiance :heehee:hook

Let me tell you it definitely feels better to have a clean stash! And, I found yarn I forgot I had! :lol I highly recommend using a ball winder. Tnlefty- how many ozs are you trying to wind? I was able to get up to 8oz of Red Heart. You just have to pull back on the threader a little bit so it doesn't hit the ball of yarn.

:frog

WOW ! Looks great! I'm in the market for a ball winder with my next paycheck, me hopes! I hope they're not too expensive here. I'm pretty organised so I think it will be a good investment.

Bec

I am SO jealous. A ball winder is on my list of must haves, but I can't afford one right now. My stash is huge and in desperate need of better organization.

Okay I've managed to avoid the winder craze until this but now I want one!! I can't afford it though, that forty bucks (or more) can be put towards things we just need more right now.

Sigh ... lol.

Archived