Really nice FREE Jacket Pattern to make for Fall!

Okay this is a tempting pattern - especially for Fall and seeing that there is a lot of Lion Chenille and Suede on sale at the various discount stores - it is tooooo tempting as it looks quick and fun!

http://www.anniesattic.com/free_pattern_day/index.html

SO cool!! Have a great day everyone~;)

I don't normally care to save too many of there free patterns. But latly they have been having some nice patterns that I have been saving. :)

Me too!!!!

I like it too, and I notice that it comes in plus sizes too.

I second that motion!! I printed this one off, too. I'm thinking my SIL will LOVE it for Christmas!! :ctree I hope I have enough time...:lol I'm cross stitching an Eeyore baby sampler, crocheting a baby hearts afghan (a freebie from Annie's Attic, now that I think on it!), and I have 1 more flannel-ghan to do for sure.

I did a purse in double strand RH that was suppose to use this type of yarn. I suppose any yarn that would keep gauge.

However, I noticed that for me it may not work :( . It's done in rows and not inches and my gauge is too far off to work in rows on a garment.

Debbi

OK, I wasn't totally thrilled when I first looked at it and saw that it uses chenille yarn. But if I could substitute something easier to work with... Hmm... I printed it to think about. Perhaps if there were a CAL?:devil

Our dollar tree has Lion's color waves. I think if I change the hook size I can sub. The jacket I'm making right now is very similar but has raglan sleeves (Lion matinee swing jacket)

It's done in rows and not inches and my gauge is too far off to work in rows on a garment.

Debbi

I second that. I always get the stitch count spot on, but the row count is always off and any change in hook size makes my stitch count off. :( Grrr.

Sometimes I feel really silly....:lol The Lion Brand website has a substitution list.

For the Chenille Thick & Quick: BIG, Bolero, Cotton Thick & Quick (Discontinued? Then why is it on the list? lol), Fancy Fur, Fettucini, Fun Fetti, Jiffy Thick & Quick, Landscapes, Lion Boucle, Romance, Ruffles, Sasha, Terryspun (discontinued), Wool-Ease Thick & Quick, Woolspun (discontinued).

I think Caron Bliss, Black Magic, Glimmer and SS Boucle might work. Haven't done price workups.

Bernat Black Lites which I can get at WM yet, Glacier,Ping Pong (:lol), Masala.

RH Kooky, Bright & Lofty, Light & Lofty.

I have always wanted an excuse to get the Black Lites....this might be it!! :D I'll work up costs tomorrow night at work. Maybe. :)

If you live in CT or RI you should check out Ocean State Job Lot - they have tons of Lion Brand Chenille or Suede types - especially in Lisbon CT and in Willimantic CT

:)

Archived