Ever wanna stop crocheting?

Of course. Losing momentum is one of the reasons I like testing for the ladies here. It keeps me crocheting. Then usually after a few weeks I'll start checking out my magazines and patterns and figuring out what I can make for whom and get inspired again!

Nope, I don't, since I have retired and we spend so much time in the motorhome I crochet all the time. I do slack off when we are home, just because I have to do paperwork, etc. But I crochet everyday, at least for a little while, in the evenings while watching tv,news. I am never far from my hook and thread....LOL

Yes, but since I retired, and my "spare time" (don't tell my wife I have any) has increased, I have increased my crocheting. It's enjoyable, creative, relaxing. It's really an escape for me and also gets my creative juices flowing.

I have had those times. I used to never crochet in the summer because we're always on the go, but for at least the last year I've been crocheting nearly every day. I even bring it with me when we go away now. I also never knew anyone who crocheted as much as I do, and now that I found this site and it helps to keep me motivated.

Oh, sure. I'm ending a 4 month crochet blitz now. Just have to finish my step-daughter's afghan before she heads off to college next month. When that's finished I'll start on some knit projects that I bought yarn for six months ago. When those are finished, I'll probably do a beading project or two and then return to crochet again. I tend to rotate my crafts.

No, the only time I stop crocheting is when I have to many WIP's that need to be sewn together. I totally dread and hate sewing things together. I would gladly pay someone to do it. Right now I have about 5 items that need to be stitched together and I am dying to start something else and get crocheting again, but I won't let myself until I get these done!! (This is the only time I ever wish for a rainy day to force myself to work on them!!)

Yup, frequently. My first love is photography and digiscrapping, so I put most of my energy and free time there. But sometimes I just want to do something different, so I'll crochet for a while, especially while watching tv.

I usually take a three to six month "vacation" from crochet every year. Plus, my extended family doesn't really appreciate handmade or crochet items for gifts, so I don't have many ppl to crochet for. I'm thinking about using up my stash making baby blankets for the local hospital, just so I can get rid of some of this yarn.

ya, i always go really crochet crazy and then one day i just quit. i dunno if i'd say its boredom exactly it just feels to me like i need a break. i dunno i guess i stop feeling creative, especially if my projects are really repetetive...

but then like magic after the right amount of time i just grab a hook and some yarn and im off again! :hook

I'm on an enforced crochet vacation and I hate it! My wrist is hurting a lot and at first it looked like a bone chip - I had a fall, but now xrays show rheumatiod arthritis so my crochet days may be over. Maybe I can learn to crochet left handedly like one member posted though when I tried the other day it was a disaster. I can use the mouse with my left hand now so it may be achievable with practise. I have arthritis in my left wrist too so maybe I'll just have to search for another occupation. Zaraliz

Zaraliz, I'm sorry to hear that you're having health troubles that might keep you away from crochet for good. How frustrating! :(

I've traditionally started and stopped, and usually rather suddenly. I'm pretty sure I'll last for a good long stretch this time, though, now that I've found all of you to feed my addiction! :clap

I'm crashing already! I do that tho, I found this site and went crazy with patterns and trying this and that and just burnt myself out I guess. I want to do them all and NOW! Then I get frustrated because I can't... I have my jacobs ladder ghan to finish, I am waiting for a few books to get the pattern for the peacock tail ghan, then I have this grid printed out for an anniversary gift! Too much, I always try to take on too much at once. I'll just take a few days off to settle down and then go from there... :D

I never tire of it. There's always a pattern I want to try, a new yarn that will make a perfect project, etc. I have to crochet or I get crabby.:(

I loved recuperating from my gallbladder surgery because all I could do was crochet!:lol I made 3 baby hats and two baby afghans in two weeks. It was great.

It's just so wonderful to be able to create with my own two hands, some yarn and a hook. It's my passion.

:manyheart

My mom taught me how to crochet when I was a teenager, but I just gave it a hit and a lick, whenever the mood struck me. But last year, the publisher for S'n'B sent around a box full of yarn and crochet hooks, and the tradebook manager had to search for people to "teach" the masses that were coming in to learn.

Well, that started the flood again, and I haven't gotten tired of it yet.

:eek

i'm coming off a small vacation...I was sort of in the middle of a huge afghan and just got burnt out and I stopped around march or so, but i'm back now and thinking what I can make for the county fair less than 2 weeks away

I leave crochet for cross-stitch sometimes, especially in the summer. Both of them take a backseat to sewing, but have the advantage of being portable and good things to do in front of the TV.

Sure! I think most people take a little break now and then. I found a creative way to put my yarn shopping into control. I have an agreement with my husband that I can not buy any new yarns for any new projects until I complete the ones I have. Here is what we have agreed to. I can have up to 3 WIP and can buy yarn only to complete these but nothing for new projects until i complete one. This keeps me motivated to finish my projects because I am a total yarn junkie!!!!

I'm on an enforced crochet vacation and I hate it! My wrist is hurting a lot and at first it looked like a bone chip - I had a fall, but now xrays show rheumatiod arthritis so my crochet days may be over. Maybe I can learn to crochet left handedly like one member posted though when I tried the other day it was a disaster. I can use the mouse with my left hand now so it may be achievable with practise. I have arthritis in my left wrist too so maybe I'll just have to search for another occupation. Zaraliz

I just watched my tivo episode of Knitty Gritty. I think it was today's episode, anyway, they were using a knitting loom. The ladies said it would be great for anyone that could no longer crochet or knit because of arthritis, tendonitis, etc... Maybe you could check one out and see if it could tide you over until this hopefully passes.?

Yeah I have those times that I don't crochet for awhile I have more hobbies that also takes alot of my time. Plus I have to put a hold to my crocheting sometimes due to my wrist always hurting so much. Or I just get in that mood where I don't want to crochet but, then coming here helps me get back to that mood. Or having friends and family calling me up wanting me to do something for them gets me back in the mood. :)

Yes! I got really burned out after making 2 large baby blankets and a queen-sized afgahan in 4 1/2 months. It was during a difficult pregnancy and a trying time for our family. So with everything combined I needed a break. After that I was so busy with a newborn, recovering from a c-section, and preparing for another move. It was a while before I got back to crocheting. Then I found Crochetville and haven't really stopped. I just change projects instead!

Actually, I've lost my momentum on other crafts I do more than crocheting

and maybe it's because of all you wonderful ladies here on the Ville.

I spent years designing clipart, I did felt stuff for awhile, then began sculpting miniature babies, then

went back to my drawing and even painting of ACEOS .... on ebay...

they did well, but the crocheting took over.... I guess you could say

yes on the crocheting as I did it as a young girl and then only a couple of

items while young and married and now that I have had some time, I picked it up again. THERE WAS A 33 year gap there I guess!!! :eek

Archived