Topsy Turvy Red Riding hood/Grandma Doll

Shebop

Ladies, I've had this pattern on my "to do list" for quite awhile now but just finally took the plunge.

The pattern was easy to follow and I had a lot of fun making it! I used a bigger hook than was called for (a G I think) because I didn't think it was worth the effort for such a tiny little doll.

Anyway, kudos to the designer!! :cheer

th_crochetdoll003.jpg

th_crochetdoll002.jpg

th_crochetdoll001.jpg

Oh! I've seen other versions of these, too. I just remembered a sewn fabric story doll that told Red Riding Hood. Red had layers of aprons on, and each time an apron was flipped up, the underside of the apron reveal the head of the next character.

What a cool idea! You did a great job. Is it going to a child?

~ Joy

Thanks Joy, yes, this one is going to my niece. She's 2 and I hope she enjoys it. I'm going to make one for my daughter too, but she's only 8 months so no rush.

Your doll sounds neat too!

so cute! my grandma makes a lot of these in different characters, hers are usually knitted though

I got a pattern for a doll similar to this(a topsy turvy, but not RR Hood) from Annies Attic sometime back. You've inspired me to dig it out and give it a whirl!!

Cute Doll!

Oh I love it. I recently printed up this pattern to try for DGD but thougth it was much too small.

Now that I see it done with a bigger hook I definately will make one for her Christmas stocking!! thank you so much!:cheer

Wow! it turned out great. I've also had this on my "To-do list" for probably at least 4 years. lol Maybe I'll be inspired now to make one of my own!

Oh! I've seen other versions of these, too. I just remembered a sewn fabric story doll that told Red Riding Hood. Red had layers of aprons on, and each time an apron was flipped up, the underside of the apron reveal the head of the next character.

What a cool idea! You did a great job. Is it going to a child?

~ Joy

I had a doll like that!! Depending on which way the bonnet was you had the old lady, red or upside down the wolf. (I think... it's been a 'few' years now....)

Yours looks GREAT!!! I'm sure she'll (they'll?) be loved!

Archived