Quahog Beach Bag

CrochetKitten

This bag uses jute twine from the hardware store to give it a straw-like appearance. I know you're going to ask, and yes, the jute was rather difficult to work with. I could only work on it for maybe an hour at a time, but the pattern works up quickly so it really wasn't bad. And I love how the final result looks. :hook

Anyhoo, the pattern can be found here.

622854970_24d1e017b1_m.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Silly questions...What is jute twine? I have hemp twine. Is it close? Will it work?

I love the bag. :manyheart I am looking for the perfect beach bag. I just think this might be it. Thank you!

I think hemp twine might be quite a bit thinner than jute twine, like the difference between #3 crochet thread and worsted weight yarn (if hemp twine is what I think it is). If you go to the hardware store, like Lowe's or Home Depot, and ask for jute twine, I'm sure they can point you in the right direction.

BUT, if you're looking to use up the hemp, here's a link to the stitch pattern I used: Quahog Shells. Then you can make your beach bag whatever size you want! And you can refer back to my original beach bag pattern for assembly instructions, if you like. Hope that helps. :hook

Archived