Greeting from Belgium!

Kimberly

Bonjour!! I am so excited to have found this site! :clap

I have recently taken up crocheting as a new project to escape from going insane in my apartment in Brussels Belgium! Originally from Michigan, I have been living in Europe for 2 years now for my job. As I have a slight issue with the language barrier with the lady in my local yarn shop (she speaks flemish) I have been teaching myself as I go along!

I am in the middle of my first project - an afghan with way too many little squares - which I think was slightly a bit ambitious for a first project, but it has kept me busy at night while I try to figure out what various phrases should look like (i.e. ws tog - think I figured it out, but even if I did not, I'll at least have the same mistake throughout so it should not look too bad!!)

I believe that I am well and truly hooked to crocheting as I have my next 3 projects lined up in my head - should hopefully keep me busy for a little while!

Kimberly

:welcome

I'm so glad you've found this site and the wonderful art of crochet! :hook

I assure you that for any crochet problem you come across there will be someone here that will be able to help you through. So again, welcome to Crochetville and I hope you enjoy your time here as much as I have!

Welcome Kimberly!:yay

Isn't it amazing how crochet can bring people together from across the world? Please share your adventures with us.

:dog

Welcome Kimberly! I just found this site yesterday myself, and am excited about it all! I like it here so far! Its fascinating that people are from all over! Looking forward to hearing about life in Belgium!

Welcome Kimberly! You will love this site. I am new here too! It has alot of useful info and if you can't figure something out just ask-someone will know. :yay

I live overseas too-so I certainly know what you mean about not understanding and learning as you go. The lys here only has thread and she does not care for foreigners-my other option is to go 2 hours away to find yarn and that is not at all possible most of the time.So I buy most of my yarn on the net or when I go home stock up and mail back.

Enjoy !

Elise

:hi Kimberly,

Glad you joined us :cheer

What???you only have 3 projects lined up in your head? If you hang around here very long...you will have 3 projects going at the same time and half a dozen in your head.

Am I right ladies? ;)

Barbara

Welcome Kimberly. Soon you will have many projects you will want to attempt. There are soooooooooo many good ideas here. By the way, what part of Michigan are you from. I live on the knuckle of the thumb.

Welcome Kimberly. Soon you will have many projects you will want to attempt. There are soooooooooo many good ideas here. By the way, what part of Michigan are you from. I live on the knuckle of the thumb.

Hi Lucy!

I am actually from Muskegon over on the other side of the state. The people I meet here in Europe always laugh at me when I pull out my "map" of Michigan to show them where I live in comparison to where Eminem is from (no longer is Detroit known for manufacturing cars in Europe, but it is now recognized as the city where Eminem is from!!)

Kimberly

Hi there! Welcome to Crochetville. :welcome (that's me waving to you from across the channel, in England)

Hope you enjoy your time here. :)

:ty to all for your friendly "hellos"! :day

My mind keeps exploding now with more ideas (only having three is now a distant memory) and I see what everyone has been working on! I am even trying to order the 63 Squares booklet to join the Crochet-along!

Welcome to Crochetville:yay This is such a special site. Where else could you stay in touch with people all over the world who have the same love for crochet that you do!

Archived