Doilies, bookmarks, snowflakes, bells

Selune

Two doilies, three bookmarks (the large one needs to have three ribbons run through it), 4 snowflake ornaments, and two bells (a third is coming and will make up the three-tiered bell ornament). Plus, I made two more bookmarks that my mother already took (and lost one). I really hate working with thread and the tiny little hooks, but I love the finished products. They need to make a yarn that shrinks up really tiny, so I can work in worsted weight and shrink down to thread size. :yes

Oh, one of the ornaments is currently being bathed in stiffening stuff, hence the weird milky substance. I'm loving my stainless steel t-pins. Got those from a scientific company where they were called "dissecting pins."

threadcrochet004.jpg

threadcrochet003.jpg

they're all wonderful! i had to laugh at shrinking yarn, made me think of shrinking plastic!! lol disecting pins sounds nasty! :lol i had to buy "lace pins" as they were all I could find that wouldn't mark my work. they'er so fragile, look like bronze. Dunno what they are but they bend easy and it hurts my fingers to push them in! your thread work is really nice, so it's good to se you still do it even though you don't love it

Maybe if you keep working with thread you'll come to enjoy the work as well as the results. Considering that you don't like it, you've made some pretty things and spent a good bit of time with it!

For someone who doesn't like working with thread, you do wonderful work! I never thought of dissecting pins. If I recall, they are T-shaped and a bit larger than standard sewing-type pins. Were they less expensive?

They need to make a yarn that shrinks up really tiny, so I can work in worsted weight and shrink down to thread size. :yes

What a great idea - if you come up with anything let me know :lol :lol . I like the end effect of thread but frown so hard when I'm working with it I give myself a headache!!

Your work is really nice.

Gosh, you've been busy and they're all lovely!

Just think, if you had that shrinking thread, you'd have to make a room-size piece to shrink down to a table top doily:eek !

One of the nice things about thread projects in the summertime is that you don't have a lot of hot yarn on your lap. But it's getting harder to see that tiny thread...

Your thread work is just beautiful.

I am just starting to try and make bookmarks and ornaments in thread and get frustrated easily as the ole eyes just do not like the small stuff, but I am keeping at it, wearing reading glasses, good light and only working on thread in the daylight hours.

What great looking items!! You did really wonderful work!! I have just recently picked up crocheting doilies and bookmarks:eek !! I'm finding out that my eyes just aren't what they used to be:( . AND the worst part is, that when I crochet, I have to drop down to a smaller hook, as I crochet on the "big" side. I don't mind dropping a size on the larger hooks, but dropping down a size on them steel crochet hooks, that's a whole nother story:eek !!

Archived