Thread Crochet carry bag

Dodged5

I got tired of carrying my stuff from place to place in a plastic grocery bag. Never could find what I wanted in the bottom of it and I always forgot to bring something I needed. So, I had an idea. I don't know if this is original or not but it came to me and I made it today. Now I'm organized. Memory is still bad but I'll have all my stuff regardless.

I started with a 3lb coffee can and a bunch of blue denim. I cut out the denim to fit around the can and cut a piece for the bottom too. Then I made pockets and a carry strap and sewed them onto the denim. Made a draw string top and I was done.

The pockets hold a full set of steel hooks, scissors, pencil, and a magnifying glass for my tired old eyes. Inside I can put several balls of thread, copy of a pattern and other nit-noid things.

Now I can crochet and the ball of thread stays put in the can and all of my stuff is in one place and ready to go out the door at a moments notice.

Here are some pictures. If this is not an original idea, don't disillusion me. I like to think I have brilliant ideas from time to time.

BagFront.jpg

First, sorry about the double post, my computer burped. Can't seem to find a way to delete the extra one.

Here are some other views of the bag.

Bagback.jpgBagclosed.jpgBagopen.jpg

That's a great idea! Did you have any trouble with residual coffee smell?

LOL, I scrubbed the can before I started my project and got rid of the nasty coffee smell. :)

this is brilliant! what a great idea which I am totaly stealing even if it means having to borrow nannas sewing machine :D so inspiring!

I agree with everyone else, it s a great idea :) too bad I have no talent in sewing the simplest thing together... oh well... I can always make a crochet version of yours :manyheart It s lovely

If this is not an original idea, don't disillusion me. I like to think I have brilliant ideas from time to time.

quote]:lol

Okay...I won't...I haven't seen anything like this...and I think it is very original...nicely done !!! Thanks for sharing!

very professional looking! You should make some more, sounds like you could sell quite a few!

I haven't seen anything like this for sewing. I have something similar for gardening. Its a canvas cover with pockets inside and OUT that fits over a bucket. They sell them for construction tools and such also, but I use mine for gardening. Would work for sewing, but I like your pattern MUCH better! I'd try to market it, really I would! It looks REALLY great and useful and I LOVE practical, useful gifts! :cheer You Go Girl! :cheer

WOW< that is great!!!! wish you lived next door to me...i would BUY one (or maybe 2) from you in a heart beat!!!! i have seen the ones for gardeners also.

i sew, but not without patterns.LOL don't think i could make one as nice as yours. let me know if you make any to sell. GREAT JOB. judy

Archived