Deliver Date set for 8-14 for 2nd Annual Hospital Toy Drive

KristieMN

8-1-07.

I talked to Stephanie today. We picked out a date that worked for everyone. 8-14 is the date to deliver the toys!!:clap

I didnt think anyone could be more excited to do this than me and my girls, Stephanie is a close second!!:lol She has informed some of the staff what is going on, and they are excited.

I want to thank from the bottom of my heart, everyone who has been so kind and donated. The kids will have some wonderful gifts.

I have put together a scrap book of the progess of this toy drive. I have kept every note from this year, (and last year) and have put them in the book. I have been asked to bring it with me to share with others.

A few of the letters brought me to tears.

I know the gifts will be loved by the kids. Stephanie is blown away by the generousity others have shown in sending the packages....as am I.

I will be sure to take pictures...LOTS of them to share with you all.

So, if you still want to donate, the date is comeing up soon!!

Kristen

I want to show everyone what has come in so far. It is hard to see everything in the picture! I now have nearly 6 full ...and I do mean FULL.. boxes of toys, blankets, books, and more toys!!

The girls went on a shopping spree at Walmart with their allowance and a gift card that was sent. They had a blast picking out toys for the kids. We had a cart full!

Thank you again to all who had donated.

Duh...I forgot to add the link in earlier..sorry!

I wanted to show you what has come in for the toy drive so far.

You cant see it, but there is a beautiful baby blanket in there.. It is underneath the stuffies...

I was at a garage sale, and found all kinds of beenie babies still in there wrappers...for $.25 each!

Thank you to all who have donated so far!!

toydrive-1.jpg

6-5-07....

I just got off the phone with Stephanie with the Child Life Program at the hospital.

She is SOOOOOO excited that we are doing this for them. She wanted me to thank everyone who is donating.

The toys will be used by the Kids Life TV program.

This is a closed circuit television show that runs every Tuesday and Thursday from 1-1:30 pm.

They play games, have guest speakers...etc...basically entertain the children. This is the highlight of the week for the kids!

Afterwards, they go around with a cart, and hand out prizes. Guess what will be used as the prizes!!:yay Yep! Our donated toys!

She said the ages range from babies to 16-17 yr olds.

This program runs on a shoe string budget...so our help is DEFINATELY appreciated!

Of course, I started crying talking to her.... I am still so emotional when I talk about Libby being so sick.

She wants me and the girls to come in and be part of the television show.

I am nervous...but so excited!!

So, first box is started for the toy drive...with about 15 items in it so far. (I have had donations sent to me through the year!)

Thank you to everyone again who plans on participating in this!!:hug :hug :hug

Good Morning!

I am excited to announce the second annual hospital toy drive!

Just like last year, recieve a free pattern for a donated toy.

For those of you unfamiliar with last years toy drive, here are the posts:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=29546

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=32433

Here are the patterns for this years toy drive:

MicroMonkeysTitle.jpg

LolliPopPalsTitle.jpg

Like last year, if you donate more than one toy, you may pick both patterns.:)

UPDATE!!!!! The two patterns above will be sent out when the donations is recieved. You are free to make any toys..not just from the patterns above. Sorry for the confusion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I should have been more clear.

You are free to donate any toy or toys.

When the package arrives, I will email you out the pattern or patterns you choose.

I will take pictures again (we had a blast last year) to share with everyone!

This is a project that is very close to my heart.

I want to thank everyone who will make thsi toy drive a success!!

Last year brought out the best in people! I recieved so many hand made toys! C'ville is a talented bunch!

If you don't feel comfortable making a toy, I will certainly accept a store bought item.

PM me for my address to send the toy too.

PLEASE be sure, in your package, to include your email and which pattern...or both... you would like. Once your toy has been recieved, I will email you out the pattern(s).

This year, we will be donating to the University of Minnesota hospital. aka...Fairview Childrens of Minneapolis.

I will post more details when I find them out!

The date to deliver is August 22, which is Libby's next appointment.

(she is doing fantastic btw!!)

Please pm me or email me with any questions or comments you may have.

Thank you!!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the info! I will be sending some store bought toys. I don't have enough time to make some hand made ones right now. Besides, I was doing some cleaning up in the garage and found a few unopened toys. I didn't know what to do with them, so off they go to you!

That's such a nice thing you are doing. Thank you.

i am ready...i plan to donate toys that i have made from being a pattern tester. i have several and think this is a great way to help both the pattern designer and the toy drive...I challenge all other testers to do the same

would you mind trying to help us find out what to send for the older crowd of teens? i know stuffed toys are cute but a 15 yo boy would like something else...

Can we crochet any toy? I have a giraffe ring stacker or a ratterpillar.

Can we use some of the patterns we have purchased from you? This will be a first for me. How late do you need them by?

Thanks!

Linda

Count me in! :yay I've crocheted 24 small animals this past month for the toy drive. Made a few crocheted treasure bags, 4 beaded bracelets and 10 animal bookmarkers so far. Oh and my daughter bought 4 coloring books for it too. I'll be busy making more. Love having someone to make things for.

Teenage boys....hmmm...

I have 3 girls...so this is a hard question!

Does anyone have any ideas??

Last year, someone made a few gameboy cases. Some were done in Camo yarn...that was very neat. Other than that... I am cluesless!

Linda.....

You can use whatever pattern you would like to make the toys from!

Last year, I dont think we had 2 of the same kind!

:)

I started a little teddy bear last night. When I went to get the stuffing in my daughter's closet, I couldn't find it. Turns out my two daughters used it up. :eek And I was just at Walmart that morning, if I had known I could have bought more. I hate when that happens. I'll have to go back later this week.

Hey Karin I have bags to spare lol... But alas distance might hinder that a bit so just make up some body parts until you have the stuffing that seems to work for me.. But in the greater scheme of things I tend to have the parts to three and four animals at a time laying around sometimes not the best of ideas when it comes time to stuff and assemble lol when they are all the same color but for different animals.. But then again I know I am not always the brightest crayon in the box lol...

:P

I have some more things in the works I'll be sending along after the first shipment thanks again Kristie for doing this..

Kristy:c9

For the pre-teens/teens, how about some of cupcake's bookmarks, like the geckos and lizards, turtles, fish etc?

Great idea!

Last year I had some of those too!!

Thank you for suggesting them!

Read the update!!

I just got of the phone with Stephanie in the child life program.

She is so blown away by having a toy drive for their kids!

Ahhhhhh! And I just folded up all of our cardboard boxes to recycle at the garbage collection center!!! I may have to retrieve one or two....

I've not had much crochet time lately and Have a bunch of stuffed animals that need good homes - where they will be loved and cherished (instead of sitting on my shelves - haha!)

Thank you so much for doing this!!

Archived