Deliver Date set for 8-14 for 2nd Annual Hospital Toy Drive

KristieMN

I have a baby clutch ball finished. I'm going to try to make a few more. I will get these in the mail sometime towards the end of July. I should have at least two maybe three finished by then.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I soooo want to join in on this! Perhaps in a week or two I'll have something to send, when I can dial my crazy-busy-life down a notch...

TammyG - The hockey team is the Minnesota Wild, think they're predominately green (and then red / orange? and white)...

Cheers,

~k

Just about have my box ready to send. I got a bunch of craft type kits and some books. Need to hit Walmart this weekend to see what else I can get and then will mail it off.

Everything looks wonderful - the kids will be so excited.

• 2 weeks later...

i cant wait to send my box. i liked the idea beth earthorne had about the critters us tester test. i will be sending mine. pmd you for address. thank you. nana

Sent my box Wednesday. DS and DD got into it, and about showed me up with all the goodies they found (I took them to a discount store after they started hunting through their own 'well-loved' toys, and used some of our set aside tithe moneys) so it's a mixed box, some homemade, some not. Ihope it's all appropriate stuff, my kiddos had way too much fun with this. (So did I!)

:)

Sent my box Wednesday. DS and DD got into it, and about showed me up with all the goodies they found (I took them to a discount store after they started hunting through their own 'well-loved' toys, and used some of our set aside tithe moneys) so it's a mixed box, some homemade, some not. Ihope it's all appropriate stuff, my kiddos had way too much fun with this. (So did I!)

:)

That's great that your kids helped out. How old are they? And did they understand why you were sending the toys?

When do you need the toys by? I might get my sister and her friends to learn to crochet and have them make blocks to practice with. I've already made a couple things to send, but I've still gotta go through a giant bag of beanies I bought awhile ago and have done nothing with.

When do you need the toys by? I might get my sister and her friends to learn to crochet and have them make blocks to practice with. I've already made a couple things to send, but I've still gotta go through a giant bag of beanies I bought awhile ago and have done nothing with.

I am planning on bringing the toy to the hospital the middle of August.

I am going to confirm a date within the next week.

I wil post it when I figure out another date...the first one we had wont work...so I am hoping a week earlier will work for them.

I added in the link to the new pics.... I have had a rough week so far.:(

Looking good!! I've really got to finish futzing around with my stuff and get my package out to you. I just keep thinking, I just need to make one more thing... or what about... (but have yet to finish any of it... I just have to set myself a deadline...)

I hope the rest of your week gets better. Just think about all the smiles all those toys will bring!

That's great that your kids helped out. How old are they? And did they understand why you were sending the toys?

almost 6 and 3. And as I explained it to them...it was for kids who are so sick they have to be in the hospital for a long time, and (this stuff) can help cheer them up, comfort them, etc... They seemed to understand completely, and really wanted to help "those kids", (as they referred to them)

kristie the box of stuff animals is on its way to you. dh mailed it for me today while i was at work but didnt get a delovery conf. # or anything like that....hope it makes it to you!

kristie the box of stuff animals is on its way to you. dh mailed it for me today while i was at work but didnt get a delovery conf. # or anything like that....hope it makes it to you!

I will let you know when it gets here!

• 2 weeks later...

Kristy-

My package is ready to roll, DH will take it with him to work Monday to ship out (he works at the UPS store, convienent no?) It's not as big as I was hoping, but this summer's been a bear for me and I just didn't get stuff done. :sigh

Archived